News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Considering they are also doing WIF Blitz (the quick version of World in Flames) I'm guessing they have an agreement.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on March 08, 2015, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2015, 09:56:03 AM
Look at Compass's website again; they just announced a 2nd strategic WW1 game.

It's called Fatal Alliances and it's a WWI version of WiF?  Did they license this, or are they about to get sued by ADG?
Given that Harry Rowland is one of the designers of the new game I don't think he will sue himself.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2015, 09:56:03 AM
Look at Compass's website again; they just announced a 2nd strategic WW1 game.

Its a bit of a weird strategy to announce a competitor to their own title while also telling people they need 50 more pre-orders.

Harry's WW1 project sounds interesting, but that is in the future and presently I am tempted by Fatal Alliances.

Between buying the expansions for Pathfinder, which is more complex than going with the cheapest source due to print-run differences, and moving to a new flat soon, it would be decidedly unwise financially to pull the trigger right now though.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2015, 11:06:53 PM
Cold Wars convention is coming up this weekend;  saw an entry for Friday that's right up Languish's alley--

F-114 - Zulus vs the Civil War- Theme Game
Fri. 10:00 AM, 4 hrs, 8 players
GM: David Kasper and NOWS
American Civil War 28mm, Rules: LAWS of War

The Zulus, tired of being slaves, decide to attack all foreigners.
They capture a large fleet of slave vessels and land in South Carolina with a large impi. Slaves and black soldiers swell their ranks. The Confederacy and Union cease all hostilities and unite to repel the onslaught. Sherman and Johnston send in their troops to stop Mpande and the Zulus.

Well that is the second stupidest alt-history plot I have heard all morning.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2015, 06:30:37 AM
Between buying the expansions for Pathfinder, which is more complex than going with the cheapest source due to print-run differences, and moving to a new flat soon, it would be decidedly unwise financially to pull the trigger right now though.

You say that now, but 3 years from now when it's sold out and out of print, you could be very unhappy.

Tamas

Ed Anger

I think I'm going to order the PC version of Decision's D-Day at Omaha Beach. Since I'll never setup the board version.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Anybody have any experience with the computer version of Empires in Arms?  Is it worth picking up?

CountDeMoney

Part of the attraction of Empires in Arms is to play against other people in a game that will last as long as the Napoleonic Wars themselves.

Tamas

:lol:

So for this first Pathfinder card game, I have to make sure I get the expansions from their USA print run because they have starkly different colours, even size, than the first Chinese print.

For the 2nd pack (the first I need) this has proven to be a bit difficult.

First, I saw that Amazon has a product picture that clearly indicates the box is from the US print run. So merrily I order it. It arrives, its the Chinese print. I return it, they are prompt with the whole thing, so no big deal.

Then comes the emailing around. Most shops are working via distributors so they cannot check it for me, but after like a dozen emails I hunt down a store which can a) check it and b) have the US print run. So I ordered it the faster courier option so that it arrives in time for play this weekend.

I have received the parcel not long ago. I opened it... and its the 2nd expansion deck of the 2nd Pathfinder base set, ie. it is absolutely totally useless for me. Invoice indicates the deck I wanted to buy, so store guy screwed up.

LE SIGH

Tamas

And of course we are stuck with the game because we have already completed the base set's missions  <_<

Ed Anger

That Stonwall's Sword game looks interesting. Mew
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

That goofy ass Dockter is talking about working on Triumph of Chaos, 2nd Ed.  How about finishing Triumph of Fascism, 1st Ed, you fruitcake?  Jesus H. chrome-laden Christ.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 12, 2015, 06:33:43 PM
That Stonwall's Sword game looks interesting. Mew

Hermann Luttmann seems like a pretty bright dude, too, which is always a bonus.  I'll try it at some point.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien