Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

celedhring

I'm not that fat, I'm big boned  :(

Habbaku

Played more The Battle of Five Armies tonight.  That game really is very well put-together.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2014, 10:07:07 PM
Quote from: Maximus on November 19, 2014, 10:06:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2014, 12:06:31 AM
That's OK, I bought my sister a copy of Pandemic for Xmas about 5 or 6 years ago, since she's a bio instructor and big into immunology.  It's still in the shrink under the coffee table.  :lol:

Runs in the family, does it?

When are you fucking mutts going to get it straight?  None of my games are in shrink.
Just unpunched counters though...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on December 24, 2014, 12:36:51 AM
Played more The Battle of Five Armies tonight.  That game really is very well put-together.

I may pick it up. :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

There is only one way to settle this: a fuck-off.

celedhring

Got Imperial Assault for Christmas. As both a big Descent and Star Wars fan, that's the game I was looking for.

dps

Quote from: katmai on December 24, 2014, 12:57:59 AM
That's OK, I bought my sister a copy of Pandemic for Xmas about 5 or 6 years ago, since she's a bio instructor and big into immunology.  It's still in the shrink under the coffee table.  :lol:

When are you fucking mutts going to get it straight?  None of my games are in shrink.

Every year that I've been at Origins and attended the auction, there's been at least 1 game for which the description says, "Counters punched but not played" as if it makes any difference to the condition of the game. 

11B4V

Quote from: dps on December 25, 2014, 10:30:34 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 24, 2014, 12:57:59 AM

Every year that I've been at Origins and attended the auction, there's been at least 1 game for which the description says, "Counters punched but not played" as if it makes any difference to the condition of the game.
To a collector, yes.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

"Counters punched but not played" as if it makes any difference to the condition of the game.

Because sometimes "Played" can translate to "Counters worn and faded", "Minor soda stains when Dave opened that Dr. Pepper that one time", or "Cheetos dust on most of the German counters."

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2014, 02:12:39 PM
"Counters punched but not played" as if it makes any difference to the condition of the game.

Because sometimes "Played" can translate to "Counters worn and faded",

:yes: Sunlight has been known to play havoc with monster WW2 games left set up too long.