And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 06, 2014, 10:22:45 PM
Seedy's dream.  :lol:

I would go so Red Army on that.  With the Red Army.

Ed Anger

Fantasy Flight holiday sale is on.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2014, 12:06:31 AM
That's OK, I bought my sister a copy of Pandemic for Xmas about 5 or 6 years ago, since she's a bio instructor and big into immunology.  It's still in the shrink under the coffee table.  :lol:

Runs in the family, does it?

CountDeMoney

MMP's Early Black Friday is this week, too.  :cry:

However, I am officially broke.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maximus on November 19, 2014, 10:06:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2014, 12:06:31 AM
That's OK, I bought my sister a copy of Pandemic for Xmas about 5 or 6 years ago, since she's a bio instructor and big into immunology.  It's still in the shrink under the coffee table.  :lol:

Runs in the family, does it?

When are you fucking mutts going to get it straight?  None of my games are in shrink.

11B4V

He's getting closer. The two games I'm looking forward too.

At Any Cost

Hammerin' Sickles
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Berkut and I are having a fun No Retreat game, with me being Axis. I got just one VP from auto-victorying his ass before the table turned at winter of 1943. Now he is about to collapse my entire frontline.

CountDeMoney

So I got a UPS shipping notice in my inbox for delivery tomorrow, and I'm like, "Huh?"

Apparently Clash of Arms is shipping...Legion of Honor.   :ph34r:

Habbaku

:mad:  No shipping notice for me yet.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

It's not like I'll get it anytime soon, though;  I pre-paid for it so long ago, he shipped it to my condo.   :lol:

Habbaku

Yeah, he had my old address in there, too.  Fortunately, I had the foresight to amend that a while back.  Pre-paid for the damn thing over 5 years ago. 
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Fortune and Glory.

My experience with Flying Frog games has never been great, there's usually little behind the great production values and fun themes. But as a huge Indiana Jones fan, I really *HAD* to get this one. Sadly it's no better than their usual fare. Way too randomness and dice throwing; you really haven't much control on the outcome of the game as it's all about being lucky with the cards you draw and the dices you roll, and there isn't much strategy to it. The only fun thing is playing against the Nazis and some interesting mechanics that are never exploited to the full. As usual the game's production values are really good and the theme is really well put, but there isn't an engaging game past that.

Syt

I thought F&G had some cool ideas, but put together they create quite a drag of a game and it's really slow paced which doesn't suit the theme well.

I play Last Night on Earth with friends a couple times per year, and it's a much better (not to mention more intuitive) game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I haven't played Last Night on Earth, I understand it's considered the best one they put out. I have played Touch of Evil, Invasion of Planet Earth and Shadows of Brimstone, and I haven't fallen in love with any.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2014, 04:44:23 PM
So I got a UPS shipping notice in my inbox for delivery tomorrow, and I'm like, "Huh?"

Apparently Clash of Arms is shipping...Legion of Honor.   :ph34r:

A lovely production.  Glad I paid for it 3 years ago, or I'd be compelled to sift through the change jar for it today. :lol: