The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 13, 2013, 07:52:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2013, 06:16:06 AM
Got my WotS yesterday.  It's a lovely package.

I haven't decided on GoG yet.  If I do, it's only because of the system, as Gettysburg is so over-gamed.

Poking through my WotS today.  Looks awesome.  Can't wait to play it.

Made 20 Geek Gold uploading the counter sheets.  I YAM AN EEESSENTIAL POSTER.

Habbaku

Upload this shot of my set-up for even more.   :P

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The War of the Suns Vassal module is out, for anyone (other than Berkut) that wants to take a peek at the game without buying it :

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:War_of_the_Suns

Find the rulebook here : http://www.multimanpublishing.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=FzXqCYrYTYw%3d&tabid=65
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 18, 2013, 03:02:00 PM
Upload this shot of my set-up for even more.   :P
:)
I was actually surprised the physical footprint; not as big as I thought it would be.  War of Resistance it ain't.

Ed Anger

Not pictured: cat sleeping on map
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Love that MMP production quality, what with the multi-colored background paper for the play aids. They are not fooling around.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Such a grumpus.

Hab's photo has the really cool player aids up at the top.  Nice aircraft art on them, too.

The Brain

Don't you have to actually play to get aids?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Habbaku

Some higher-quality stuff from WOTS so Berkut will stop whining (Oh, who am I kidding?) :

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: The Brain on June 19, 2013, 01:26:13 PM
Stop being so negative.

You're funnier than Jaron, so why try to emulate him?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on June 19, 2013, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 19, 2013, 01:26:13 PM
Stop being so negative.

You're funnier than Jaron, so why try to emulate him?

Because he's being mentioned as an iconic poster and I'm not.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 19, 2013, 01:29:12 PM
Some higher-quality stuff from WOTS so Berkut will stop whining (Oh, who am I kidding?) :

I had no idea off-map counter stack and unit pool cards were such a production priority for him.  Now we know.