The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on May 28, 2013, 07:36:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2013, 06:22:29 PM
"The game system is based on the very popular Panzer Grenadier system"

:bleeding:

No joke.  PG still holds the dubious distinction of being the only game I ever returned to the game store.  Didn't even bother the trading route, either.

CountDeMoney

So MMP's been shipping War Of The Sun all week;  you get yours yet, Hab?

Habbaku

Shipped on Friday; no sign of it yet.  Usual MMP shipping means likely Tuesday.

Guns of Gettysburg is also on the way.  Pictures of both to follow as soon as I get them set up.   :ph34r:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

No sign of WotS, alas, but the big brown truck did drop a big package off :

:)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

So, is it like mandatory for Georgians to buy 4 copies of every Civil War game, just in case the South wins in one of them?

Habbaku

You're just mad you can't pirate it yet.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

CountDeMoney

Got my WotS yesterday.  It's a lovely package.

I haven't decided on GoG yet.  If I do, it's only because of the system, as Gettysburg is so over-gamed.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2013, 06:16:06 AM
Got my WotS yesterday.  It's a lovely package.

I haven't decided on GoG yet.  If I do, it's only because of the system, as Gettysburg is so over-gamed.

Poking through my WotS today.  Looks awesome.  Can't wait to play it.

The GoG game is very much a hopeful purchase for me.  I enjoyed, but didn't love Napoleon's Triumph and am hoping the transition and heavy changes to tackle an ACW game will improve things.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Should have bought 4 to annoy beet boy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2013, 08:45:51 AM
Should have bought 4 to annoy beet boy.

Did you get your copy yet?  And don't lie or I'll know.

Next up:  the Pacific core module for ASL.  Chock full of little Lettows to be mowed down by the USMC.

Ed Anger

Didn't order it. I don't preorder stuff.

Plus, my mailbox is far, far away.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

So get your electric wheelchair out; I don't see the problem.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2013, 01:13:58 PM
So get your electric wheelchair out; I don't see the problem.
That would be a long one way trip.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son