News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on February 15, 2018, 09:14:31 PM
Air War.  :wub:

I used to play it with my oldest brother. I was always the one with Russian equipment.

Yay! 2 mig-21's. 4 total AA missiles.

Against his two phantoms. And 6-8 missiles each.  <_<
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: 11B4V on February 15, 2018, 09:22:13 PM
Four player blind play. :P

Might be a game idea there, albeit with the Italians and Germans sharing information.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I just don't know how I ended up with 4 of them. Unless there was a wad of them in a S&T collection I bought some years back.

Also, 2 copies of Arabian Nightmare. Fuck you Jim Duningan.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Probably garbage, but I want it anyway.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Habbaku

Things are real fucking weird over on MMP's CSW folder today.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 13, 2018, 09:30:43 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2018, 08:26:35 PM
Finally picked up a copy of Air & Armor.

Good man.

I haven't played this game in nearly 25 years.  Just browsing the rules starts to bring back a  familiarity with the game mechanics. I've experienced this with other games that I heavily played back in the day. Is this normal?

PRC

Quote from: celedhring on January 22, 2018, 03:31:57 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on January 22, 2018, 03:23:40 PM
How long does a game generally last?

3 hours with four players is our average for playing one scenario. Lower player count makes for shorter games.

Base game has 100 scenarios, with a multi-branching campaign with side questlines and such. It's practically impossible to finish the game unless you play it obsessively.

There's a shorter campaign that the author released for the second KS (10 scenarios, much more manageable), and he's releasing another one this year (all downloadable for free).

Welp, I came across a copy of Gloomhaven at a great price and so picked it up.  Going to play a campaign with my ladyfriend.  God damn though, that is one big box, I felt like I needed a guide just for the unboxing.

11B4V

Ready for clipping. Even though its overrated.

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on February 16, 2018, 12:12:37 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 13, 2018, 09:30:43 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2018, 08:26:35 PM
Finally picked up a copy of Air & Armor.

Good man.

I haven't played this game in nearly 25 years.  Just browsing the rules starts to bring back a  familiarity with the game mechanics. I've experienced this with other games that I heavily played back in the day. Is this normal?

Yes. Although I don't remember Car Wars being so obtuse to me.

*picks up new boxed edition*

JESUS CHRIST THIS IS HARD NOW