And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on January 12, 2017, 09:29:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2017, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
There is a fucking RPG thread.

Never heard of Exalted.

It's weeaboo shit.

Not true. It's much more closely based on Epic Poems like the Illiad, Oddessy, Ramayana, and the Epic of Gilgamesh.

It's about humans becoming avatars for the powers of the Gods.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 12, 2017, 09:48:06 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 12, 2017, 09:29:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2017, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
There is a fucking RPG thread.

Never heard of Exalted.

It's weeaboo shit.

Not true. It's much more closely based on Epic Poems like the Illiad, Oddessy, Ramayana, and the Epic of Gilgamesh.

It's about humans becoming avatars for the powers of the Gods.

It belongs not here. :mad: This is for serious gamers.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Alright wargamers, boardgames what's your definition of fiddlely when talking about games? I've seen this on bgg and consim as in regular l art use.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2017, 09:49:29 PM

THEN WHY IS HABBAKU POSTING

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2017, 09:52:13 PM
Alright wargamers, boardgames what's your definition of fiddlely when talking about games? I've seen this on bgg and consim as in regular l art use.

I dunno...the "community" seems to have developed its own moron fucking language about shit.  If it's not "fiddly," then it's "dripping with theme".  Seriously, the biggest fucking problem with wargaming are gamers.  Fucking autistic programmers and engineers everywhere, getting fed the fuck up with it.  Can't we just pew-pew each others' counters, please?

Ed Anger

Don't forget to be an assburger and clip your counters.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 10:07:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2017, 09:52:13 PM

I dunno...the "community" seems to have developed its own moron fucking language about shit.  If it's not "fiddly," then it's "dripping with theme".  Seriously, the biggest fucking problem with wargaming are gamers.  Fucking autistic programmers and engineers everywhere, getting fed the fuck up with it.  Can't we just pew-pew each others' counters, please?

No doubt.

I was thinking they were meaning too many housekeeping tasks, recording stuff, or similar to GDW's White Death/Suez 73. Factors on the back with strength counters. Dunno, shut never bothered me. Also back in the day if there was a rule issue we didn't stop the game to wait for a reply by mail. Just came to a consensus and drove on.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2017, 10:12:06 PM
Don't forget to be an assburger and clip your counters.

FOUR CORNERS PYLE
FOUR FUCKING CORNERS ON YOUR COUNTERS

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2017, 09:50:30 PM
http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/burn-down-whitewolf/1/

:lol:  I know one of the main Exalted writers personally.  I am glad he has nothing to do with any of the art choices.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 12, 2017, 11:16:35 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 09:52:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2017, 09:49:29 PM

THEN WHY IS HABBAKU POSTING

:unsure:

You've gone full Euro and Ameritrash.  You sold out, man.  It's almost as if you woke up one day with kids.