And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Delirium

Completely unrelated to anything, has anyone played Wizard Kings, by Columbia? https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/692/wizard-kings

Looks pretty good but not new by any standard.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

CountDeMoney

Wizard Kings.  Sounds like an LA gang.

The Brain

Quote from: Delirium on September 18, 2016, 08:55:57 AM
Completely unrelated to anything, has anyone played Wizard Kings, by Columbia? https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/692/wizard-kings

Looks pretty good but not new by any standard.

Never owned or played it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Forgot this came out.
Stonewalls Sword

In October
Thunder in the Ozarks
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Map art by Rick "I buried my cats at Gettysburg" Barber, if I'm not mistaken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on September 18, 2016, 07:46:11 PM
:yes:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on September 18, 2016, 07:46:11 PM

lol, Pet Cemetery Hill

Ed Anger

I see there is a new Russian Campaign up at GMT. Normally east front bores me but my Avalon Hill copies are rather ragged.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

GCACW is finally coming to Atlanta.  :yeah:

"I can see my hex from here!...Why is it on fire?"
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I wonder if there's a Union player phase where you can just sit there and watch people starve, or if you just have to go with the automatic Opportunity Fire, LOL.

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on September 18, 2016, 07:41:00 PM
In October
Thunder in the Ozarks

Ah Pea Ridge. Definitely one of the most satisfying and decisive Union victories.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2016, 05:51:35 PM
I see there is a new Russian Campaign up at GMT. Normally east front bores me but my Avalon Hill copies are rather ragged.

It's actually a Consimworld Press production, IIRC.  They may use the same printing house in the PRC, but at least they seem to be staying loyal to the original game.  They're going to be doing the same thing with Afrika Corps.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2016, 05:51:35 PM