News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Of course it did.  Gallipoli gives people Great War boners.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2016, 06:35:40 PM
Proudly Made in the United States of America.

Which is more than I can say about GMT.

Or Worthington. Band of Brothers? "Made in the China" on the back of the box.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Sweatshop counters made by student dissident labor.  Shameful.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: 11B4V on September 02, 2016, 07:20:57 PM

This is perking my interest

I'm interested, but skeptical.  It could just be yet another shit show.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on September 03, 2016, 12:15:40 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 02, 2016, 07:20:57 PM

This is perking my interest

I'm interested, but skeptical.  It could just be yet another shit show.

Hehe kudos on the pun sir.

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on September 02, 2016, 10:58:26 PM
New England Sims.

Ugh. Korsun. I'm having flashbacks to SPI's old game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 03, 2016, 07:01:56 PM
Ugh. Korsun. I'm having flashbacks to SPI's old game.

I'm surprised to see anything come out of NES.  Been about, what, 10 years or more?

The Brain

I'm enjoying reading the ASL rules so far. They don't seem too bad. Also brings back nice SL memories from 25 years ago. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Most people get to vehicles, and that's usually when the uncontrollable drinking begins to manifest itself.

The Brain

That doesn't sound good. I plan to do at least the south flank of Kursk. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Delirium

Why so difficult to create a decent WW1 grand strategy game? Really?

I would like to give Balance of Powers a chance though, but I have to admit the graphics turn me off a bit. Childish, but the truth.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan