Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on August 27, 2016, 11:38:34 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2016, 08:46:23 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 27, 2016, 03:06:21 AM
Do you play boardgames, Tim? You should. It's a golden age.

Hard to get people to play with here. There's a specialty store in Seoul where people play, but that's an hour and half away.

Have you tried asking them in their own language?

Obviously not. :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

I slipped and fell on my mouse, accidentally ordering Fatal Alliances: The Great War. Was it good or bad luck?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

lol, Strategic Level WWI, The mirage in the distance that everyone chases.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2016, 05:04:45 PM
lol, Strategic Level WWI, The mirage in the distance that everyone chases.

Sad, but true.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

The Brain

My orders have arrived! :w00t:

Sweet sweet binder of rules.

Valmy

Good. I presume you got the only one worth getting:

'Le Herison' is awesome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2016, 01:07:21 AM
I like Balance of Powers

It does look interesting. I tried to set it up on my table once, but that map layout is basically impossible.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

The ASL binder sure filled up fast. Good thing I keep a stash of extra phat US-standard binders for just these occasions.

CountDeMoney

You can always order an empty ASL binder from MMP. Keep it authentic.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
You can always order an empty ASL binder from MMP. Keep it authentic.

Company man.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Proudly Made in the United States of America.

Which is more than I can say about GMT.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V