News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I signed up to play Twilight Imperium at a game con in a few weeks.  I have played it 2x the last of which was years ago.  I liked it but am a bit nervous since I don't want to drag the game down with my incompetence.
PDH!

Habbaku

If you have a few weeks, you have time to prepare for it if you're worried about that. There are some good strategy articles out there and plenty of gameplay vids. I'd recommend watching one on YouTube for a complete cycle of a couple of turns to regain the flow.

Rest assured, though, if you're a new player at a table of TI4 veterans, they'll let you know what to do and what you're doing wrong (for them).  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien