News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lady Gaga gets bitchy, snubs Weird Al

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 20, 2011, 06:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on April 21, 2011, 02:20:21 AM
Pissing off vegetarians isn't hard enough to be funny.  It's just lame, and evil, with no redeeming qualities.
In other words, the joke's on you, so you don't get it.  Got it.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2011, 10:26:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2011, 09:09:21 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2011, 09:06:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2011, 09:02:31 PM
Who listens to Weird Al these days? :huh:

Likely people in the future when he releases more parodies, long after Gaga ODs on cocaine.

Oh just found out his last album was 5 years ago. So it turns out that no one has been listening to him. :D

I listen to his polka medleys when I need cheering up.

I saw what you did there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2011, 06:27:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2011, 09:09:21 PM
Oh just found out his last album was 5 years ago. So it turns out that no one has been listening to him. :D
:lol:  The modern music industry has passed you "album" people by.  One can listen today to songs that never were, and never will be, on "albums."  You might wanna look into that.  You seem to be missing a lot.

Yeah because Weird Al's postings weren't about how he wanted a killer song for his album. :mellow:

Also, what's an "album"?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2011, 08:10:32 AM
Also, what's an "album"?

Generally, one or two songs you like, a couple others you've heard on the radio, a hidden gem if you're lucky and 5 or 6 mediocre songs to round it out.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Also, what's an "album"?
From http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=album

"one or more recordings issued together; originally released on 12-inch phonograph records (usually with attractive record covers) and later on cassette audiotape and compact disc."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Ide's gone vegetarian?  Combined with his love of independent air forces, he's one step closer to being Redneck Hitler.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2011, 08:38:37 AM
Also, what's an "album"?
From http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=album

"one or more recordings issued together; originally released on 12-inch phonograph records (usually with attractive record covers) and later on cassette audiotape and compact disc."

Sorry should have asked what does the quotations around albums denote. Are they albums that "album people" listen to?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Maybe an "album" is a virtual album that doesn't ship to stores in hard copy, just downloadable.

Caliga

Quote from: Habbaku on April 21, 2011, 08:49:29 AM
Ide's gone vegetarian?  Combined with his love of independent air forces, he's one step closer to being Redneck Hitler.
He's been vegetarian for a while... which is kind of funny since when we met up in Columbia I made him to go a BBQ place. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2011, 06:28:11 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 21, 2011, 02:20:21 AM
Pissing off vegetarians isn't hard enough to be funny.  It's just lame, and evil, with no redeeming qualities.
In other words, the joke's on you, so you don't get it.  Got it.  :P

Nah, it's just too easy a target, like going for the nuts in a fight, making Holocaust jokes at a Jew, or saying "Boo" to someone with a heart condition.  Beither neither hard nor especially clever, and therefore not cool.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

So you're saying vegetarians are fragile? Probably something to do with not getting enough protein.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on April 21, 2011, 09:57:53 AM
Nah, it's just too easy a target, like going for the nuts in a fight, making Holocaust jokes at a Jew, or saying "Boo" to someone with a heart condition.  Beither neither hard nor especially clever, and therefore not cool.
It is true that vegetarians are an easy target, like neo-Nazis or special Olympics contestants, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to watch them squirm.  The amusement isn't in thinking them clever (they obviously are not) but in watching them think themselves clever.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I'd say there's nothing really wrong with a vegetarian diet (except that it's kind of boring), it can be quite healthy.  Still, meat packs a lot of protein and calories that can be useful in the diet.  Plus it's very tasty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on April 20, 2011, 09:11:25 PM
(Bad Romance is, of course, a simply spectacular song.)

Damn you.  Now I am going to have that song stuck in my head all day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2011, 12:05:05 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 20, 2011, 09:11:25 PM
(Bad Romance is, of course, a simply spectacular song.)

Damn you.  Now I am going to have that song stuck in my head all day.

Je veux ton amour. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)