News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Japan calling

Started by Josquius, April 20, 2011, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Holy shit.  Mongers should come down here today.  It is 105F/40.5C and humid as fuck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2011, 01:41:27 PM
Sounds like Tyr should move to Yukon. BB would be proud.
Nah, I don't mind warm places at all, love them in fact.
I hate hot weather though.
The best climate IMO is somewhere like Newcastle. Warm, doesn't rain too much, isn't very windy. Just nice and snug and sheltered. Rarely so hot you feel you're about to die, rarely so cold you absolutely have to wear gloves.
I love those 'weatherless' spring days where there's a light breeze and a warm sun sheltered behind light cloud cover. You can wear as little as you want but aren't sweating merely by being outside.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2011, 02:26:03 PM
I love those 'weatherless' spring days where there's a light breeze and a warm sun sheltered behind light cloud cover. You can wear as little as you want but aren't sweating merely by being outside.
Oh we have days like that here, too... typically in the timeframe of late October - mid December and then again early February - early April.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2011, 01:41:58 PM
Holy shit.  Mongers should come down here today.  It is 105F/40.5C and humid as fuck.

:bowler: We don't have climate, just weather.  :bowler:

I live above 50 degrees north, but at a push I reckon I could live year round without heating or AC.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Oh, there are places in America where that's possible too... such as Hawaii. :blush:

Richard Hakluyt

I don't really like it when the temperature gets above 20c or so, 16 is probably ideal. Which is convenient as the temperature here in Lancashire is always within a few degrees of 16  :cool

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2011, 02:40:45 PM
Oh, there are places in America where that's possible too... such as Hawaii. :blush:

San Francisco. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

I prefer the temperature to be in the low to mid 80s. (27-30.5C)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2011, 05:33:15 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2011, 02:40:45 PM

San Francisco. :contract:
Didn't San Francisco have a really cold and snowy winter this year? :hmm:

Camerus

25 - 35 degrees Celsius (or around 80 - 100 Fahrenheit) is my ideal.    I hate winter.

Barrister

There's nothing wrong with winter.  Just bundle up.   :)

Okay - I bitch at -30, -40.  You'd have to be mad not to.  But I'm quite happy at a nice -10 or so.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Tyr, answer my PM please.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Current status: Super happy.
I will be living:

Just what I wanted.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga