News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Japan calling

Started by Josquius, April 20, 2011, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Last night: Epic fail.
"Lets go to somewhere different" said we "Not the usual pub with the usual people. Lets find some small Japanese place!"
A side street or two later and we found a likely place, it seemed nice, small but not just a bar against a wall as so many others are. We sat, got a beer, and it was good...until the woman started bringing us little snacks and suchlike....I smelled something fishy and asked the girl who spoke better Japanese to ask what was up- ack, 10 quid fee just for coming in the place. And it was just a little Japanese pub, not a club, not one of those sleazy places with girls on show, just a little pub.
That'll teach me never to experiment with where I drink again.
Though it does give me a better idea of how those tiny places with just a bar and 4 chairs stay in business.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

There is nothing epic about that. Try again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on October 07, 2011, 07:19:38 PM
A beer costing $20 is rather epic.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Not really if you are factoring in a cover charge.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

The epic fail is that he was apparantly unfamiliar with the concept of a cover charge.

garbon

Quote from: dps on October 07, 2011, 07:28:35 PM

The epic fail is that he was apparantly unfamiliar with the concept of a cover charge.

:lol:

Josquius

Quote from: dps on October 07, 2011, 07:28:35 PM

Sort of.
Such things are normally reserved for clubs or places with live entertainment, not random pubs.
██████
██████
██████