And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 season

Started by Alcibiades, April 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2011, 11:10:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 17, 2011, 11:05:54 PM
I'm just killing time until Ravens time.  But the CFL is far more entertaining than the cesspool that is NCAA football.  Maybe it's because I never went to a US college, but I can't bring myself to give a fuck about any of their games.

:huh:

I like the CFL a lot, but NCAA is perfectly entertaining in its own right.

Perhaps it's all the fraternity roadtrips I took.

Well, we all know Neil's a precious little unique snowflake.

dps

I think it's mostly a scheduling thing.  In the past 10 years, my work schedule has generally made it easier for me to watch college games on Saturday afternoon than pro games on Sunday.  A few years of that, and my interest in the NFL just naturally went down.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on July 18, 2011, 11:54:09 AM
I think it's mostly a scheduling thing.  In the past 10 years, my work schedule has generally made it easier for me to watch college games on Saturday afternoon than pro games on Sunday.  A few years of that, and my interest in the NFL just naturally went down.

Meh, there are also competitive and dramatic angles as well.  The NCAA is simply more fun football.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2011, 06:33:42 PM
Meh, there are also competitive and dramatic angles as well.  The NCAA is simply more fun football.
Only if you care about it to begin with.  And competitive angles?  When all of the teams try as hard as they can to schedule the least competitive opponents possible?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2011, 06:49:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2011, 06:33:42 PM
Only if you care about it to begin with.  And competitive angles?  When all of the teams try as hard as they can to schedule the least competitive opponents possible?
It makes it even better when the Appalachian states of the world knock of the Michigans.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

That, and your team sucks.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

dps

Quote from: Alcibiades on July 19, 2011, 03:02:16 AM

That, and your team sucks.   :P

??  Have I even ever expressed which NFL team is "my team" here?

Valmy

Quote from: dps on July 19, 2011, 03:15:47 AM

I just assumed it was the Detroit Lions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2011, 07:46:56 AM

They'd be better than 'my' team.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

:yes:

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2011, 10:14:34 AM

They'd be better than 'my' team.

:yes:  :yes:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

A team of 11 retards would be better than 'my' team.

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 18, 2011, 11:35:05 PM
It makes it even better when the Appalachian states of the world knock of the Michigans.
:yes: And then "the team that lost to Appalachian State" routs Notre Dame two weeks later.

Neil doesn't understand the college game, so naturally he doesn't like it.  Frankly, I think its a bit too complex for him.  I think he is smart to stick to things that are easy to figure out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on July 19, 2011, 05:42:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 18, 2011, 11:35:05 PM
:yes: And then "the team that lost to Appalachian State" routs Notre Dame two weeks later.

It still hurts, doesn't it? Lashing out like that won't make it any better.  There, there. There, there.

CountDeMoney

QuoteRavens open as 3-point favorite over Steelers

The Ravens are a three-point favorite for their Sept. 11 season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to the Las Vegas Hilton.

The Ravens have won six of their past eight home games against the Steelers. But Ravens coach John Harbaugh and quarterback Joe Flacco are 0-6 against Ben Roethlisberger.

The pointspread isn't surprising. No team has been favored by more than three points in the past four meetings. Last year, the favorite in this AFC North rivalry won only once (in the divisional playoff game).

Ed Anger

Since I have nothing to look forward to, I hope Ray Ray plants an American flag through Rapistburger's skull after sacking him on that day.