News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 season

Started by Alcibiades, April 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

But it really isn't. The accepted specs for the balls overlap.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 17, 2011, 03:00:01 AM
Was just watching the highlights from what I assume is the most recent Grey Cup for some reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0bdjqBQcJg

Looks like college football with goal posts in the way.  QB13 (white) has a helluva windup.

Edit:  How big is the CFL football? NCAA or NFL size or somewhere in between?

QB13 is Anthony Cavillo. Last friday he broke the record for the most TD passes in the CFL, 395.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 17, 2011, 03:00:01 AM
Was just watching the highlights from what I assume is the most recent Grey Cup for some reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0bdjqBQcJg

Looks like college football with goal posts in the way.  QB13 (white) has a helluva windup.

Edit:  How big is the CFL football? NCAA or NFL size or somewhere in between?

It wasn't that long ago that the NFL moved its goalposts back.  The CFL just kept them in place since our endzones are so much larger
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey FoxQB13 is Anthony Cavillo. Last friday he broke the record for the most TD passes in the CFL, 395.

Oh cool.  Looks like he's had a pretty nice career up there.

Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2011, 12:53:28 PM
It wasn't that long ago that the NFL moved its goalposts back.  The CFL just kept them in place since our endzones are so much larger

Well...it has been 40 years or so now.  It's not ancient history, but it's been a while.  I do dig the 20 yard endzones though.  When there's a first and goal, or when the O moves to within a certain distance of the goal line, do they position the ball over on the nearest hash so the post doesn't interfere as much?

Ed Anger

Fucking CFL shit oozes EVERYWHERE.

It is like head lice.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2011, 05:36:55 PM

It is like head lice.

Meh.  Their season has started, so it's the only pro football with anything going on right now.  46 days until NCAA kickoff. 

CountDeMoney

It is like head lice.

No kidding, it's like communism.  And not even good communism, but like, angry-college-student-backpacks-across-Europe-and-comes-back-stupid communism.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 17, 2011, 05:43:15 PM

It is like head lice.

Meh.  Their season has started, so it's the only pro football with anything going on right now.  45 days until NCAA kickoff.

This is the NFL thread.  Collaborator.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2011, 05:44:20 PM

:cool: 

Speaking of the NFL, owners and players are going to be meeting face to face again this week.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2011, 05:43:52 PM

It is like head lice.

No kidding, it's like communism.  And not even good communism, but like, angry-college-student-backpacks-across-Europe-and-comes-back-stupid communism.

They are almost as bad as those Euro 'Football is played with the feet' fags.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 17, 2011, 05:45:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2011, 05:44:20 PM

:cool: 

Speaking of the NFL, owners and players are going to be meeting face to face again this week.

Yeah, all the lawtalking is done.  The deal will be signed by Thursday.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2011, 05:48:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2011, 05:43:52 PM

It is like head lice.

They are almost as bad as those Euro 'Football is played with the feet' fags.

Real football only has three downs.   :cool:

But as MBM said - it's the only football being played right now.  There's nothing wrong with being a fan of both 3 and 4 down football.  If you guys are jonesing for a football fix, there's nothing wrong with turning on NFL Network and watching some quirky CFL action.

I'll be honest with you guys - once September roles around, I mostly tune out the CFL until November (playoffs), when CFL again gains my attention.

dps

To be honest, I don't pay nearly the attention to the NFL that I used to.  I pay more to college football now, though.

Neil

I'm just killing time until Ravens time.  But the CFL is far more entertaining than the cesspool that is NCAA football.  Maybe it's because I never went to a US college, but I can't bring myself to give a fuck about any of their games.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 17, 2011, 11:05:54 PM
I'm just killing time until Ravens time.  But the CFL is far more entertaining than the cesspool that is NCAA football.  Maybe it's because I never went to a US college, but I can't bring myself to give a fuck about any of their games.

:huh:

I like the CFL a lot, but NCAA is perfectly entertaining in its own right.

Perhaps it's all the fraternity roadtrips I took.