News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Objectivist Dating Site

Started by Jacob, April 19, 2011, 05:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

This might be appropriate for some people here: http://www.theatlasphere.com/

A New York Times article with some quotes from profiles: http://nymag.com/news/features/artifact/51814/

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on April 19, 2011, 05:11:57 PM
This might be appropriate for some people here: http://www.theatlasphere.com/

A New York Times article with some quotes from profiles: http://nymag.com/news/features/artifact/51814/

Some of those can't be serious. They are, however, very funny.  :D

Quotethustotyrants, Selden, New York
[I am] short, stark, and mansome.

You should contact me if you are a skinny woman. If your words are a meaningful progression of concepts rather than a series of vocalizations induced by your spinal cord for the purpose of complementing my tone of voice. If you've seen the meatbot, the walking automaton, the pod-people, the dense, glazy-eyed substrate through which living organisms such as myself must escape to reach air and sunlight. If you've realized that if speech is to be regarded as a cognitive function, technically they aren't speaking, and you don't have to listen.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

QuoteIf your words are a meaningful progression of concepts rather than a series of vocalizations induced by your spinal cord

Randians: unaware that it's important to look up correct details when they're trying to pass themselves off as intelligent.

I don't think that's a particularly correct use of the word "substrate" either, although possibly telling: a substrate is what you grow upon, and what supports you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

They make you pay to see member photos. No thanks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Caliga

:hmm: Didn't realize you had a thing for JAPs.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on April 19, 2011, 05:34:11 PM
QuoteIf your words are a meaningful progression of concepts rather than a series of vocalizations induced by your spinal cord

Randians: unaware that it's important to look up correct details when they're trying to pass themselves off as intelligent.

I don't think that's a particularly correct use of the word "substrate" either, although possibly telling: a substrate is what you grow upon, and what supports you.
And the phrase "If you've seen the meatbot, the walking automaton, the pod-people, the dense, glazy-eyed substrate through which living organisms such as myself must escape to reach air and sunlight" is just an over-worded sentence fragment.  Epic fial.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Yeah, I'm sure the objectivist method is the way to go towards attracting women... :lol:

Although, shouldn't we as Languish reach out to Slargos and help a brotha out?

Thin him out a bit, let him grow human hair back, teach cocky & fun self assurance with the ladies, etc.

I volunteer to serve as Slargos's wingman if he finds himself stranded in the Thule Ultimate Aryan paradise.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Slargos is such a shitty faux Eurofascist, he makes me miss Hortlund, who was even more fun to bash.

Ideologue

Quote from: grumbler on April 19, 2011, 07:09:17 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 19, 2011, 05:34:11 PM

And the phrase "If you've seen the meatbot, the walking automaton, the pod-people, the dense, glazy-eyed substrate through which living organisms such as myself must escape to reach air and sunlight" is just an over-worded sentence fragment.  Epic fial.

Well, it's bad grammar, but the superordinate clause there is implied.  "[Call me] if you're not a meatbot."  I think.  It's still terrible, of course.

And, actually, a meatbot sounds pretty great. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2011, 07:34:12 PM
Slargos is such a shitty faux Eurofascist, he makes me miss Hortlund, who was even more fun to bash.

90% of his wannabe-skinheadism is because he's never gotten properly laid, followed up with a long term girlfriend.

Guy's got a steady job, he's not rapist-looking once he grows his hair back.

How would you get a guy like him laid in Baltimore? No monetary cheating allowed.

Seriously, you're a hypothetical lifestyle coach, you get landed with Slargos. How does the penis connect with the vagina?

Take it away.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.