News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Public holiday agogo

Started by Brazen, April 18, 2011, 05:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

For the next month or so we are enjoying a frequency of public holidays usually only enjoyed by our continental brethren. Read 'em and weep.

22/04 - Good Friday
25/04 - Easter Monday
29/04 - Royal wedding
02/05 - Early May bank holiday
30/05 - May bank holiday

Read 'em and weep  :bowler: :cool:

The Larch

I have:

21/4 - 22/4 - 17/5

No May Day this year.  :cry:

Also, the royal wedding is a public holiday? For shame, for shame... When our crow prince married, he did so on a weekend!

Grey Fox

I have
April 22nd
then...June 24th!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Unless I'm wrong, us Amurrikans only get Monday, May 30th for the next several weeks.  Memorial Day.

CountDeMoney

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2011, 05:54:15 AM
Unless I'm wrong, us Amurrikans only get Monday, May 30th for the next several weeks.  Memorial Day.
Nothing for Easter? Heathens :P

Eddie Teach

We get chocolate eggs to make us fat. :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on April 18, 2011, 05:56:46 AM

No shit. I was going to burn time for Good Friday and Easter Monday, but too much to do on Monday.

I do think it's pretty funny that, as much of a God-fearing nation as we supposedly are and with all the Bible-thumping rah rahs the GOPtards do, the only recognized religious-related holiday we get on the national level is Christmas.

Martinus

We get the Easter Monday and 3rd of May off (normally we also get 1st of May but this year it falls on a Sunday :().

Then the next I think is Corpus Christi in June (Pentecost is also an official holiday, but since it always falls on a Sunday, it just adds to aggravation because it is a Sunday where you can't go shopping :P).

Brazen

Eater's about the only day other than Christmas that most shops shut here, even supermarkets.

Four day week, three day week, four day week. Thanks, privileged Royal scumbags :)

Edit: Though this will probably be the trigger for double-dip recession  :(

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2011, 06:23:12 AM

No shit. I was going to burn time for Good Friday and Easter Monday, but too much to do on Monday.

I do think it's pretty funny that, as much of a God-fearing nation as we supposedly are and with all the Bible-thumping rah rahs the GOPtards do, the only recognized religious-related holiday we get on the national level is Christmas.

Yeah. Poland also is not much better, considering with are Catho-tards. We get Epiphany (but that was introduced only this year and is probably a bad idea, since it will further reduce productivity during the late December/early January), Easter Monday (not Friday - unlike a lot of much more secular nations, which get both), Corpus Christi, All Saints and two days of Christmas (not counting the ones that fall on a Sunday).

Other than that, our holidays include New Year, 1st of May (Labour Day), 3rd of May (Constitution Day), 15th of August (Military Day, although it is also Asumption day so theoretically could count as a religious holiday) and 11th of November (Independence Day).

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2011, 05:55:11 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 18, 2011, 05:50:15 AM
I have:

21/4 - 22/4 - 17/5

What are those holidays, anyway?

Holy Thursday, Holy Friday and a regional holiday.

Ed Anger

I'll take those days off so I can feel British.  :)

I'll wear a wifebrater and go steal a bike and some cellphones.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2011, 06:48:02 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2011, 06:23:12 AM

Yeah. Poland also is not much better, considering with are Catho-tards. We get Epiphany (but that was introduced only this year and is probably a bad idea, since it will further reduce productivity during the late December/early January), Easter Monday (not Friday - unlike a lot of much more secular nations, which get both), Corpus Christi, All Saints and two days of Christmas (not counting the ones that fall on a Sunday).

Other than that, our holidays include New Year, 1st of May (Labour Day), 3rd of May (Constitution Day), 15th of August (Military Day, although it is also Asumption day so theoretically could count as a religious holiday) and 11th of November (Independence Day).

We have religious holidays by the bucketload over here, even if the country is increasingly non-religious.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 18, 2011, 05:51:39 AM
I have
April 22nd
then...June 24th!

Wait I forgot, we have one in May for the Victoria's B-day. It's the first day of my GF ~40 weeks off work.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.