News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Personal trainer or home rowing machine?

Started by Martinus, April 17, 2011, 12:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

What would you say is more cost effective and better in instilling discipline?

Slargos

CountDeMoney

:lol:

I would think the vast majority of personal trainers don't get into the business to look for gay hookups.

Martinus

You may find it surprising, Slarg, but a lot of people are not satisfied with a "fat slob" standard when it comes to personal fitness, pretty much in the same way they are not satisfied with "kitchen salesman" when it comes to career ambitions.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2011, 12:27:13 PM
:lol:

I would think the vast majority of personal trainers don't get into the business to look for gay hookups.

Fuck you. I have a boyfriend for a year now and was not thinking of doing it for hookup purposes. :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2011, 12:27:51 PMI have a boyfriend for a year now and was not thinking of doing it for hookup purposes. :P

Oh, bullshit.  In fact, that's not only bullshit, that's intergalactic spanning time-and-space uberbullshit.

Legbiter

Neither, buy a judogi and find the nearest dojo. Should whip you into the best shape of your life in 3 months.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

sbr

I have no idea about cost, but unless you find a rowing machine that will follow you around and yell 'Stroke me' when you are lazy I would think the trainer would be better for discipline.

Admiral Yi

If you hire a personal trainer you will still need some gear to work out on.  Unless you feel like paying someone to be your jogging partner.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2011, 12:27:15 PM
You may find it surprising, Slarg, but a lot of people are not satisfied with a "fat slob" standard when it comes to personal fitness, pretty much in the same way they are not satisfied with "kitchen salesman" when it comes to career ambitions.

That's not what I'm laughing about. The notion that having a rowing machine would amount to motivation...  :lmfao:

Josquius

I dunno. Being able to do exercises whilst watching TV appeals to me far more than wasting hours of my life trecking to the gym to work out surrounded by beef heads.
██████
██████
██████

Zeus

Finding motivation on your own is harder than someone ramming it down your throat.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2011, 12:16:25 PM
What would you say is more cost effective and better in instilling discipline?

Good Hod. A rowing machine, hell even a Sit-down-and-get-a-workout-while-you-wank machine is not something that will instill discipline.

In my experience, self-discipline starts with deep self-loathing. Only by deeply and passionately disliking your current self can you change on your own. And some visible flab just won't create that deep a self-loathing.

A personal trainer is no guarantee either. I'd suggest organised sports of some sorts. Something where no-shows get bad reps.

So either become a Catholic and loathe your lust for men and yourself and go on long, solitary runs to punish yourself or give into your gay fantasies and start playing a team sport with lots of homoerotic locker room activity.

And for crying out loud, no rowing machine.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2011, 12:43:31 PM
If you hire a personal trainer you will still need some gear to work out on.  Unless you feel like paying someone to be your jogging partner.

No, that would be at the gym.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2011, 01:15:49 PM
No, that would be at the gym.

OK, I thought you meant the Hollywood style personal trainer where they come to your home.

Definitely go with the personal trainer over the row boat since you can afford it.