Senior Moments - Have You Recently Had Any ?

Started by jamesww, April 15, 2011, 09:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesww

Nowadays I seem to get several a week.

Though his example is a humdinger; a small package arrived this morning, hmm I wonder what this is, I'm only expecting large boxes. 

Opens it up, oh it's a funny mp3 player, thinks ..... oh I had that on my ebay watchlist, confusion. :huh:

Gets around to checking my mail,... right I'd been in correspondence with a seller to buy a battery powered audio amp that had finished with no buyers.
Ah, the moment of realisation, both the sellers IDs begin "vic..." presumably their names, I'd been exchanging emails with one of them thinking I was buying the amp off the other seller, when instead I was buying the mp3 player from this one.  :frusty:

So have you had any senior moments ?

HVC

No. But on a tangent people are starting to call me sir more and more frequently... i don't like it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on April 15, 2011, 09:33:05 AM
No. But on a tangent people are starting to call me sir more and more frequently... i don't like it.

I get that too. :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Camerus

I loved it when I began to get called sir.  Like I want some jackass getting presumptuous or familiar with me at the drug store.  Know your damn role and all that.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2011, 09:35:47 AM

Me too :(

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2011, 09:35:47 AM

started when i was 25 at work when the young temps called me sir cause they didn't know i wans't that high up :lol:. Annoyed me a bit the, but it's happening more and more in real life.

HVC

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 15, 2011, 10:02:11 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2011, 09:40:38 AM
I make my employees call me "Master". :)
Are you a Master Debater?

When he goes fishing on his boat, he's a Master Baiter.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zeus

I constantly search for my phone while talking on it :hmm:
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

DGuller

I read this title as teachable moments at first, so I guess this qualifies as a senior moment.