Teens Now Look Favorably On Torture Because Media Teaches Its Morally Acceptable

Started by jimmy olsen, April 14, 2011, 11:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2011, 10:49:15 AM
Quote from: Zeus on April 17, 2011, 10:43:44 AM
And your kind of mentality is why we don't catch half as many criminals as we should.

You do realize that torture is a very bad way to get information, don't you? It's kind of how they found 26 "witches" instead of 1 or 2 in Salem. People will say anything - and point a finger in any direction - if it will stop the pain. Torture is unreliable at the best of times.
Yeah, if only they had managed to catch the real witch and then stop there. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 17, 2011, 08:27:46 PM
Quote from: Strix on April 17, 2011, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on April 17, 2011, 10:39:54 AM
I'm extremely against torture or physical coercion in our criminal justice system. We need more humane treatment of prisoners, not less.

Something along the lines of Andersonville, perhaps?

Andersonville doesn't stick as far as mistreatment allegations go. There wasn't enough food to feed Confederates, let alone the north's hirelings. Now, why were there crippling food shortages in Georgia again?  :hmm:

:lol: :menace:

QuoteThe locals stepped in with rations for prisoners where they could. Libby prison is the one that has no excuse, not andersonville. The blackguard damnyankees are lucky they were captured by civilized Christians so prepared to treat them decently- Doubtlessly why union POWs were more likely to fight for the Confederacy than vice versa.

:lol:

Well, in the defense of the South, historically the side losing the war has a tendency to have a lower quality of living index for prisoners.  Except for the Soviet Union.

Razgovory

Hey, some of those Germans came back from the Soviet Union.  A handful, in the 1950's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 17, 2011, 08:27:46 PM
The blackguard damnyankees are lucky they were captured by civilized Christians so prepared to treat them decently- Doubtlessly why union POWs were more likely to fight for the Confederacy than vice versa.
Except for the black Union POWs...oh wait, there weren't any. I wonder why? :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

They were contraband by union admission. Contraband, once seized, can be put to whatever use is deemed expedient. They were traitors who drew their hands against their communities and country, and property to boot.

Had it coming.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Martinus

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2011, 01:25:16 AM
They were contraband by union admission. Contraband, once seized, can be put to whatever use is deemed expedient. They were traitors who drew their hands against their communities and country, and property to boot.

Had it coming.

The South was not burned, pillaged and raped enough by the Union. Sherman should have crucified a Confederate every half a mile from Atlanta to Washington DC.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2011, 01:28:50 AM

Had it coming.

The South was not burned, pillaged and raped enough by the Union. Sherman should have crucified a Confederate every half a mile from Atlanta to Washington DC.

And your very existence tells us neither the Soviets nor the Germans were enthusiastic enough about finishing the job with your kind.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on April 18, 2011, 01:30:26 AM

Had it coming.

And your very existence tells us neither the Soviets nor the Germans were enthusiastic enough about finishing the job with your kind.

STFU, Nazi toadie.

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2011, 03:40:48 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 18, 2011, 01:30:26 AM

Had it coming.

STFU, Nazi toadie.

Why don't you crawl back into your basement, you mockery of an actual complete person.

CountDeMoney

Eat me, you Wiking cocksucking kitchenette whore.  Stick your dick in a blender and press Puree, you sorry ass excuse of an IKEA salesman.  I hope a Jew rapes your future children.  A Jew named Siegy.

Slargos

When you die, surrounded by dusty wargame boxes, your cats will feast on your flesh and I will laugh. Oh how I will laugh.

Then I will toss them in a bag and into the river they go.

And you? You did your part.

CountDeMoney

:lol:  I'm not the one with the motorcycle, meat bag.  When you become someone's hood ornament, think of me when you're driving your wheelchair with a straw and your colostomy bag backs up.  :nelson:

Slargos

I bet Martinus could talk you through the whole coming out of the closet process.  :hmm:

Americans are as a rule more liberal on that subject than polacks so it should be relatively painless for you.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Get in the kitchen and make me some affordable solutions for better living before I beat you with an ice tray, my domestic goddess bitch.