And we're back!

Main Menu

Why can't I build heavy cruisers? HOI2DD

Started by jimmy olsen, April 14, 2009, 10:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2009, 07:38:20 PM

Good enough to play Eu3.
Weird, check the patch and if that doesn't work, reinstall it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2009, 10:29:31 PM
Bleh.  I tried playing the game but it kept crashing. <_<
When and how does it crash?

Did you rename the avi folder?

Razgovory

No.  I didn't rename the folders or mess with the game.  It seems to crash when I defeat Finland (I was playing the "Waking the Giant" scenario).  Finland can go Stalinist and become an ally of the Soviets.  However some Finnish units seem to be under German control and don't revert back to the control of Finland.  The result is there are Finnish units (flying the Finnish flag) who are in the axis and some in the Comintern.  I think it's crashing when they fight one another.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Well that didn't work.  This game never ran right for me. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Hey raz and others,

Gamers gate has HOI II and it's two expansions for $9.99 this weekend.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Fireblade

Quote from: katmai on April 24, 2009, 03:48:27 AM
Hey raz and others,

Really? I got it for free.  :whistle:

grumbler

Hey raz and others,

Tempted.  I didn't like the basic game much, but am tempted to play with the expansions and mods.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2009, 05:05:39 PM
Hey raz and others,

Tempted.  I didn't like the basic game much, but am tempted to play with the expansions and mods.

Same, i have the Original and never picked up the two xpacs, getting them for $9.99 seems reasonable to me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Norgy

Get the gfx mods and unit gfx for flavour. :)

It's still a quite fun game.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2009, 09:19:11 AM
Downloading the two add-ons now.
So did you like it? I thought the changes made in Doomsday were quite good. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Norgy

Do they still offer Armageddon unpatched from gamersgate?

If so, remember to patch, or naval warfare will be even brokenerer than before.

Habsburg

Raz,

I still fire it up onnce a month and give it a go.
D/L all the patches and I use also use Stoney Road for some flavour.

Works like a charm until around '45-6 then it starts to slow down big time.  :(