News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Football League

Started by Syt, September 10, 2011, 02:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

As long as we recognize what is important in SF/NYC. :thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: katmai on September 11, 2011, 08:49:14 PM
Who is Phoenix? :unsure:

Doesn't Berk have a bit of an AZ-fetish, sportswise? :unsure:

I think I may replace Jakarta with the New York Stonewalls.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2011, 03:36:36 AM
Toronto Lawyers

Might I humbly suggest the Toronto Ceramic Elephants? :)

And New York Log Cabins might work better.

And if you need additional teams...

Preston (England) Layabouts
Montreal Tribals
Georgia Grognards
Jacksonville (Florida) Gigolos
Laramie Sailors
Oshawa Maltese
Illinois Blue Ribbons
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

BTW, if I ever get a team I've copyrighted the "Trondheim Oilers" name.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

I'm still struggling with learning the game. It has no playcalling, but you can setup play strategies for your team for the in-game situations. Most of the game has the charm of playing an Excel sheet right now (even more so than, say, Front Office Football). It's obviously trying hard to become The Next Big Thing, but it'll have to come some way in terms of user friendliness and presentation. I like what I see in general, though, and it's a solid effort for a newcomer. It even offers an interface for Grey Dog Software's Bowl Bound College Football (so you can import draft classes). I find the customization options for leagues lacking. It has some standard formats, but you can't free format it. And to change team names you have to edit them either after league creation or in an XML file.

It's possible that this'll shape up to be Football's Out of the Park, but it has a long way to go till then. I can only imagine that this is what some of the first OOTPs have felt like.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.