News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on June 13, 2016, 09:15:25 AM
Worst episode of the season and one of the worst of the series.  Every scene felt contrived.  From Arya not dying then returning to her mentor who lets her go - to the 'siege' of Riverrun where that dolt Edmuire ends up giving his castle without a fight to those who tortured him for years - to Brienne who's 'sworn' to fight Jamie yet runs in the middle of the night - to Blackfish, reintroduced last week only to be killed off in passing - to Danny who returns in the nick of time on Drogon-express...  Pfff  <_<

Oh well I guess there had to be one shitty episode in this, so far the best season of the series.

And btw, where's Varrys going?  I stopped reading the books after the 3rd one so.

G.

I agree. The only highlights for me were the scenes involving the Clegane brothers - especially Cersei's "I choose violence" which gave me a satisfactory "Glen Close in Dangerous Liaisons" vibe. Still not enough fundamentalists were squashed like bugs.

viper37

From Arya not dying then returning to her mentor who lets her go
Yi called it.

Quoteto the 'siege' of Riverrun where that dolt Edmuire ends up giving his castle without a fight to those who tortured him for years -
Edmure, I can live with it.  But the soldiers willingly letting him in and obeying to order to surrender, against the Blackfish, that was silly.

to Brienne who's 'sworn' to fight Jamie yet runs in the middle of the night -
Nope, she is not sworn to fight Jaimie.  She said she would be sworn to figth Jaimie if there was a battle.  There is no battle.  Blackfish is deposed and Edmure surrenders.

Quoteto Blackfish, reintroduced last week only to be killed off in passing
Is he really dead?  We haven't seen his body.

- to Danny who returns in the nick of time on Drogon-express...  Pfff  <_<
That was cliché, but it was expected.  She was one week away 2 weeks ago.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on June 13, 2016, 05:03:28 AM

Definitely - most people I spoke to were disappointed Mountain stopped after one.

Yeah. I was like: "Religious Fundamentalist bloodbath time!!!!111"

Then nothing happens. Meh.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jaron

Edmure's surrender was exactly as it happened in the books. Of course his men would obey him over the Blackfish. He's their lord.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on June 13, 2016, 10:37:10 PM
Edmure's surrender was exactly as it happened in the books. Of course his men would obey him over the Blackfish. He's their lord.

Yeah, people forget that the Blackfish is a stranger to those men.  Edmure is someone they've known all of their lives.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Yeah, viper's comment about Edmure and Riverrun completely misunderstands the feudal mindset.

Josquius

Worst episode of the season and one of the worst of the series.  Every scene felt contrived.  From Arya not dying then returning to her mentor who lets her go - to the 'siege' of Riverrun where that dolt Edmuire ends up giving his castle without a fight to those who tortured him for years - to Brienne who's 'sworn' to fight Jamie yet runs in the middle of the night - to Blackfish, reintroduced last week only to be killed off in passing - to Danny who returns in the nick of time on Drogon-express...  Pfff  <_<

Oh well I guess there had to be one shitty episode in this, so far the best season of the series.

And btw, where's Varrys going?  I stopped reading the books after the 3rd one so.

G.
Glad it's not just me.
A lot happened. It should have been great.
But just.....meh.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

this entire season's been kind of ...meh. Hard to believe the story plotting has gotten worse since  they strayed from the books. And very little nudity too. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on June 14, 2016, 09:16:38 AM
And very little nudity too. :mad:
yeah.  No Margaery walk of shame :mad:
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

I must admit that seeing Beric Dondarrion again made me much happier than I thought it would. At least a happy surprise!  :lol: If the Hound joins the Brotherhood they become my fav faction instantly.

Good to see Bronn mentoring Pod a bit, hope to see him put that in practice at some point.

Berkut

Quote from: The Larch on June 14, 2016, 10:22:16 AM
Good to see Bronn mentoring Pod a bit, hope to see him put that in practice at some point.

That was awesome.

"OK, look at your feet..."

WHACK.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Larch

Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2016, 10:42:18 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 14, 2016, 10:22:16 AM

That was awesome.

"OK, look at your feet..."

WHACK.

Sandor had a couple of good ones too.

"Everybody dies. Well, except that one (pointing at Dondarrion)"

"- How do you like the food? - I'd have preferred chicken."

Habbaku

"You're shit at dying" was my favorite.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien