News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2016, 12:14:24 AM
Short of magical healing, some sort of switcheroo (the Waif is really Arya!11zomg!), or plot armor, I don't see how Arya survives those wounds.  But I know she will.  It will be interesting to see how they pull that off.

Welp, I was wrong.  It wasn't interesting at all.  It was just handwavy magic healing plot-armor to the rescue.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Terrible resolution to the Arya storyline.

Habbaku

More confirmation that Cersei will end up trying to burn the city down (and maybe succeed) a la The Mad King, by the way.  I loved that, at least.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

The faceless men are kind of pushovers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Hamilcar

grumbler

Terrible episode.  Not sure whether to laugh or cry after that wretched performance. Arya's death wound doen't even get a nod, she just recovers from a dagger to the hilt in her guts, followed by immersion in shit-filled  water, without so much as a fever.  That arc (and, it turns out, the Blackfish arc) was credibility-busting.

Boo that episode!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Except the Bronn, Hound and Brienne bits.  Those were gold, as always.

No Samwise Gamgee moments lowers the boo volume to painful.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

milk of the poppy = anesthetic + strong will + luck. it's possible, even if it's not plausible (but I agree that arya's plot was meh, but that's the case in the books, too. consequence of GRRM failing to time-jump)

don't see the credibility issue re: blackfish

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on June 12, 2016, 09:40:05 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 11, 2016, 04:08:57 PM
http://thronesrealm.com/game-thones-photo-next-episode-hints-another-character-return/

So glad this turned out to be BS.
lots of BS theories out there, this was fun however.  The length some fans will go :)
I saw one where Arya was in fact a double and the real one was walking right beside her.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Gotta agree with grumbler. While I liked some stuff that happened (Cersei using the Mountain like he was a California primary and Bernie Bros just came to ask her for her emails again; Hound/Dondarrion courtroom drama and stuff with Pod and Bronn), the main plotlines kinda sucked. Worst episode of the season hands down.

Liep

Is it my Scandiweenian anti-religiousness that makes me actually root for the Mountain vs. the Fanatics or do everybody else also do that?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Definitely - most people I spoke to were disappointed Mountain stopped after one.

Grallon

Worst episode of the season and one of the worst of the series.  Every scene felt contrived.  From Arya not dying then returning to her mentor who lets her go - to the 'siege' of Riverrun where that dolt Edmuire ends up giving his castle without a fight to those who tortured him for years - to Brienne who's 'sworn' to fight Jamie yet runs in the middle of the night - to Blackfish, reintroduced last week only to be killed off in passing - to Danny who returns in the nick of time on Drogon-express...  Pfff  <_<

Oh well I guess there had to be one shitty episode in this, so far the best season of the series.

And btw, where's Varrys going?  I stopped reading the books after the 3rd one so.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on June 13, 2016, 09:15:25 AM
And btw, where's Varrys going?  I stopped reading the books after the 3rd one so.

In the Books he is supporting a claimant who is not even in the TV series so the books are no guide here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."