And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Ice cooties.  No big deal.

Jaron

So from next week's trailer, is shiz going down between the Tyrells and the Faith? It looked like some kind of confrontation was happening when they tried to march Margaery. What scheme is hatching there?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jaron on May 25, 2016, 10:04:09 PM
So from next week's trailer, is shiz going down between the Tyrells and the Faith? It looked like some kind of confrontation was happening when they tried to march Margaery. What scheme is hatching there?

Last week (I think) in the little council they made a deal that the Lannisters would stand aside while the Highgardens beat up the Faith and rescued the prisoners.

Jaron

Holy heck...next episode is going to be a nail biter.

Any chance Margy gets whacked?

What is Cerseis angle here?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jaron on May 25, 2016, 10:13:40 PM
What is Cerseis angle here?

I'm guessing she wants to fuck up the folks who forced her to do the beaver promenade.

Phillip V

The Lannisters will have miscalculated in allowing the Tyrell army into King's Landing.  The Queen of Thorns will direct the army to occupy the city and install herself as defacto ruler with Tommen as a puppet.
-OR-
Civil war erupts, and the people overthrow both the Tyrells and Lannisters.  The High Sparrow establishes a theocracy.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2016, 07:30:30 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 25, 2016, 07:27:14 PM
So, prey tell, what is it you are referring to as "sexy hoors" ??

Hoor is a countrified way of pronouncing whore.
ah, ok.  Thanks.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2016, 08:00:49 PM
That makes the plot line even thinner.  The Night King just happened to be in the one place where he could find the one person who could be marked?
Bran went to the place he was "born".  He returned there later alone, and there were lots of White Walkers, he just stayed too long.

And how would the Raven know the effect of the mark if it could only happen to one person, a person who hadn't even been visiting the past for very long?
Because the Raven is like Bran and he can travel through time?  How would he know Bran and send someone to fetch him (Coldhands, the Raven)?

Don't get me started on how the Hodor thing strained disbelief.
More so than a girl walking through fire unarmed or more than having tamed dragons flying the landscape to eventually destroy mankind's ennemy who just so happen to be vulnerable to fire, once the Wall goes down? :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2016, 09:47:27 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 25, 2016, 07:25:39 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2016, 05:26:54 PM
Th whole "marking" thing seems like a thin plot device.  If the Night King could mark someone and, after they passed the wall, pass it himself, it seems like he'd have done that long before now.  Ditto for the cave; capture someone, touch them, let them "escape" and chase them into the cave.
I don't think it work on anyone at anytime. He touched Bran while he was visiting the past.  Bran is a warg and he can "travel" through time and space (forgot how they call this), like the Three Eyed Raven.  It is possible it requires that kind of person and that kind of contact to make it happen.

It works, or doesn't work, exactly how the writers want or don't want it to work or not work.
Yes, it is logical. ;)
But I just thought I might have missed something.

Josquius

The mark was absolutely a stupid plot point.
But it does make sense that it wouldn't have been possible before, Bran's spirit was out and walking about, the mark was on his spirit, not just his body. Seems reasonable that if they had tried it on a regular person it wouldn't have worked.

The wights were certainly watching the door of the children.
I guess there the explanation that comes to mind for me is that these aren't the only children. There are other children colonies out there. They had wights watching the door of all of them for some reason. They didn't bank on the wights failing to stop someone getting through.

I really do wonder about Bloodraven's time for you to become me and the insinuation that he has changed the past too.

QuoteThe danger here is assuming the Wall and this cave are protected by the same magics.

The Wall is very old and the magics that protect it are not understood even by the wisest sorcerers in the world. The Children didn't build the Wall.

They helped in ending the long night. It seems logical they'd help with the wall too.
Where else do we get such warding magic afterall.

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

HBO hired some nerds doing a GOT fanboi podcast to do the same thing on TV.

http://www.hbo.com/after-the-thrones

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2016, 06:43:09 PM
HBO hired some nerds doing a GOT fanboi podcast to do the same thing on TV.

http://www.hbo.com/after-the-thrones

Those guys were not fans doing an amateur podcast, they were writers for Grantland who did their podcast there. It's pretty obvious if you listen to them that they're professionals.

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Martinus