News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2016, 11:40:25 AM
Watch how I swallow that seawater!  No one swallows like me! If Hillary Clinton could have swallowed like me, she never would have had those problems will Bill.

:lol:

Josquius

I've just realised something about bran.
Seemed a bit weird he would be able to escape right?
A girl pulling a cripple through the snow out of a convenient side door....
... but think about why they had to flee. The stupid plot point mark of the other who everyone accepts is called the night king with no introduction.
Other touched bran. Other can get through the children's wards.
What else is warded by the children so the others can't pass?
The wall.

They're going to let bran get away.
It's an open door to the realms of men.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Th whole "marking" thing seems like a thin plot device.  If the Night King could mark someone and, after they passed the wall, pass it himself, it seems like he'd have done that long before now.  Ditto for the cave; capture someone, touch them, let them "escape" and chase them into the cave.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

thought they couldn't find the cave, as well as not being able to enter it even if they did. re: second point, maybe children of the forest suicide if captured?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on May 25, 2016, 06:01:14 PM
thought they couldn't find the cave

The Ice Smurfs weren't there, but Bran's party was attacked by zombies right at the entrance.  That's where Love Naturally bought the farm.

It just struck me that so far this season has not been very good for sexy hoors.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on May 25, 2016, 06:01:14 PM
thought they couldn't find the cave, as well as not being able to enter it even if they did. re: second point, maybe children of the forest suicide if captured?
The dead dudes seemed to know where the cave was; they were waiting for Bran's party when they arrived.

You wouldn't need to capture a child of the forest.  Capturing a human would do.  Just herd him or her into the cave.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on May 25, 2016, 04:44:58 PM

They're going to let bran get away.
It's an open door to the realms of men.
yes, I thought of that.  I wondered if the mark was permanent, if it was a one shot deal, if it disapeared after a while, stuff like that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2016, 05:26:54 PM
Th whole "marking" thing seems like a thin plot device.  If the Night King could mark someone and, after they passed the wall, pass it himself, it seems like he'd have done that long before now.  Ditto for the cave; capture someone, touch them, let them "escape" and chase them into the cave.
I don't think it work on anyone at anytime. He touched Bran while he was visiting the past.  Bran is a warg and he can "travel" through time and space (forgot how they call this), like the Three Eyed Raven.  It is possible it requires that kind of person and that kind of contact to make it happen.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2016, 06:04:56 PM
It just struck me that so far this season has not been very good for sexy hoors.
ah, here, I have a problem.
I searched for "sexy hoors".  And it gave me links to "horse sex with girls"...  ahem.
So, prey tell, what is it you are referring to as "sexy hoors" ?? 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on May 25, 2016, 07:27:14 PM
So, prey tell, what is it you are referring to as "sexy hoors" ??

Hoor is a countrified way of pronouncing whore.

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2016, 07:17:45 PMThe dead dudes seemed to know where the cave was; they were waiting for Bran's party when they arrived.

You wouldn't need to capture a child of the forest.  Capturing a human would do.  Just herd him or her into the cave.

I might be misremembering, but I thought the white walkers both didn't know the location and couldn't enter even if they did. then again, there were those skeletons outside the cave a few seasons back.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on May 25, 2016, 07:25:39 PM
I don't think it work on anyone at anytime. He touched Bran while he was visiting the past.  Bran is a warg and he can "travel" through time and space (forgot how they call this), like the Three Eyed Raven.  It is possible it requires that kind of person and that kind of contact to make it happen.

That makes the plot line even thinner.  The Night King just happened to be in the one place where he could find the one person who could be marked?

And how would the Raven know the effect of the mark if it could only happen to one person, a person who hadn't even been visiting the past for very long?

Yeah, i know, they had to come up with a way to get Bran out of the cave before he finished his training, but just a "he touched you, so now he knows where you are" would have sufficed.  Don't get me started on how the Hodor thing strained disbelief.

Bayraktar!

Jaron

The danger here is assuming the Wall and this cave are protected by the same magics.

The Wall is very old and the magics that protect it are not understood even by the wisest sorcerers in the world. The Children didn't build the Wall.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on May 25, 2016, 07:25:39 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2016, 05:26:54 PM

It works, or doesn't work, exactly how the writers want or don't want it to work or not work.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

What are the other implications of being marked? Does that mean Bran will eventually become a white walker? Is it like Jorah and his rot?

Winner of THE grumbler point.