News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on May 16, 2016, 01:11:14 AM
Where do you get that he had 100k?  I don't think it was that much.

I thought that's the number Jonny kept repeating before the battle.

LaCroix

100k attacked the wall against 2k~ night watchmen (unless the show changed things). then you've got the hardhome bunch, who I think were completely separate from the wall-attacking wildling group

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2016, 12:44:02 AM
Lucky for Daeny the Khals like to pour barrels of napalm on the floor of their big tent when they meet.
I'm presuming it was coated with some type of fuel beforehand, hence the involvement of the youngest former Khaleesi.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 16, 2016, 06:37:04 AM
Lucky for Daeny the Khals like to pour barrels of napalm on the floor of their big tent when they meet.
I'm presuming it was coated with some type of fuel beforehand, hence the involvement of the youngest former Khaleesi.

That's an interesting point that I hadn't considered.  it takes care of two plot holes at once.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Well, that was certainly an epic ending.

Also, let the Tormund-Brienne shipping commence. :perv:

Josquius

Theon got home easily. Wonder how.

And wow Robin has grown! Wonder why he likes Littlefinger so much. Will be good to see the Vale finally do something.
Wonder what Littlefingers plan is here.

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 16, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

Good idea. It did strike me that it went up a bit easily.

Still seemed a bit convenient. So you can kill the leaders but as long as you have daemonic fire immunity all good,  everyone will worship you.
Wonder how the books will solve that one.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2016, 08:18:49 AM
Still seemed a bit convenient. So you can kill the leaders but as long as you have daemonic fire immunity all good,  everyone will worship you.
Wonder how the books will solve that one.

Didn't she have a standing in the fire scene in the books?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

I hope Queen Margaery is not prevented from doing her walk of shame. : :perv:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Find an excuse to get rid of Bolton.  Either marry Sansa or have her marry Robert and rule in the shadow over all the North.

QuoteStill seemed a bit convenient. So you can kill the leaders but as long as you have daemonic fire immunity all good,  everyone will worship you.
well, it's sort of how it happenned in the first season.  She emerged from the fire and everyone left worshipped her.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

I haven't watched the episode yet - is Ser Loras fine?  :ph34r:

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2016, 08:59:06 AM
I haven't watched the episode yet - is Ser Loras fine?  :ph34r:
there's an intense gay scene with the High Sparrow.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: LaCroix on May 16, 2016, 12:57:09 AM

:D

she must have some unknown ability to control fire. same thing happened at the pyre, S1. fire swept over it way too quickly. at least there was fuel there

This is the kind of thing that is just annoying, because you could make it "reasonable" with a 30 second clip showing (either after as a flashback, or before but make it ambiguous) Jorah and PrettyBoy prepping the location...hell, you could even make it interesting by having them trying to refuse her insane request to make the place flammable, because they don't believe she will be safe...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josephus

I thought of that too, and joked with my friend about gasoline. But the simple solution is that the yurt is highly flammable being made of straw and such.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on May 16, 2016, 08:48:41 AM
Find an excuse to get rid of Bolton.  Either marry Sansa or have her marry Robert and rule in the shadow over all the North.

QuoteStill seemed a bit convenient. So you can kill the leaders but as long as you have daemonic fire immunity all good,  everyone will worship you.
well, it's sort of how it happenned in the first season.  She emerged from the fire and everyone left worshipped her.

Yes, it is doing the same again, except in the first one.
1: They were already semi-loyal to her, the last rabble left from Drogo, wavering on whether to stick with her but not set against her.
2: She hadn't killed their leadership and burned down their most holy building as part of it. Sure, they don't know she caused the fire, but they should still not be happy about it.
3: She had dragons. More of an impressive factor than the fire really.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2016, 11:53:29 AM
3: She had dragons. More of an impressive factor than the fire really.

Not really. Controlling the dragons would be.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?