News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Maximus on April 12, 2016, 04:34:47 PM
I don't think being a Targaryen is enough, you probably also need to be linked with a dragon. Hell, being a Targ may not even be necessary.

Probably not, but Valyrian blood seems to be a requirement.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Episode names for s6-

The Red Woman   
Home
Oathbreaker

1 & 3- hmm.....very Jonny.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Oathbreaker can be lots of people ... Jaime, Jorah, Arya, Brienne, The Hound, the Unsullied...
Could be related to Brienne's sword Oathkeeper.

Martinus

crazy canuck

I am looking forward to seeing what the writers can do now that they are essentially breaking new ground.

Zanza

Didn't like LSH in the books. Cut her out.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2016, 12:07:43 PM
*still holding out for LSH*
they were very explicit she would not be in the tv show in the past. Dead is dead and all that.  It would surprise me if she did.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

Srsly.  I hope The Red Woman is referring to her.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2016, 04:13:51 PM
Who is LSH?

Lady Stoneheart, I guess. Don't see the need to put it in acronym.

The Minsky Moment

Former heavyweight champion Larry Holmes.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: Zanza on April 20, 2016, 12:12:10 PM
Didn't like LSH in the books. Cut her out.

Agreed.  An easily-dispensed-with character who ads nothing to the story but an increased challenge to suspension of disbelief and a small element of horror.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Larch on April 20, 2016, 04:19:05 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2016, 04:13:51 PM
Who is LSH?

Lady Stoneheart, I guess. Don't see the need to put it in acronym.

I don't even remember that name from the books. I thought she was still called Catelyn.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Zombie Mountain, and Jon will be more than enough of Martin's "hah, you thought I kill everyone but in fact I kill NOBODY!" shtick, thankyouverymuch.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on April 20, 2016, 01:33:23 PM
they were very explicit she would not be in the tv show in the past. Dead is dead and all that.  It would surprise me if she did.

They were also explicit Jon Snow is dead and noone believes that.