News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Zanza

It's not like they needed to tease me as I was already 100% sold, but I still enjoyed that.

grumbler

Question:  what happens when you burn a Targaryen?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2016, 06:39:49 PM
Judging by the example of Aegon V Targaryen:  Nothing special.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 12, 2016, 03:32:34 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2016, 06:39:49 PM
Judging by the example of Aegon V Targaryen:  Nothing special.

I'm not sure we know that.  We also don't know that Jon is dead-dead, but don't they burn their dead at the Wall?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

We do know that Viserys melted into a pile of goo.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

GRRM is so random when it comes to the Targaryens.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Basicly crazy Targaryens burn, gifted Targaryens have superpowers.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on April 12, 2016, 09:48:33 AM
Basicly crazy Targaryens burn, gifted Targaryens have superpowers.

The only reason Daenarys lived is because of the dragons.  To my knowledge, none have had a comparable incident happen.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Siege on April 12, 2016, 09:47:08 AM
GRRM is so random when it comes to the Targaryens.
or maybe Daenerys is a bastard child.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

Who do you think fathered the child, if not The Mad King?

I don't think there is any evidence of Daenarys being a bastard.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on April 12, 2016, 12:35:35 PM
Who do you think fathered the child, if not The Mad King?

I don't think there is any evidence of Daenarys being a bastard.

Rhaegar. He had sex with his own mother thus being the father of she and Viserys. I bet you didn't see that one coming.

Oh wait that doesn't work. Rhaegar is the Mad King's son so...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 12, 2016, 05:10:16 AM
We do know that Viserys melted into a pile of goo.

Gold-infused goo.

Bayraktar!

Josquius

A theory that came to mind for me today- the long night they speak of...... night is basically a shadow. Shadow is fire magic. The long night and the winters are unrelated.  They merely clashed at some point in history as part of a war between ice and fire.
All part of my grand "the others aren't acually so evil" theory.
██████
██████
██████

Maximus

I don't think being a Targaryen is enough, you probably also need to be linked with a dragon. Hell, being a Targ may not even be necessary.