News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I have to say that so far I am very dissapointed in Sansa. She is still almost completely passive, and totally reliant on trying to sweet talk someone else into doing anything for her.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 26, 2015, 11:49:27 AM
I have to say that so far I am very dissapointed in Sansa. She is still almost completely passive, and totally reliant on trying to sweet talk someone else into doing anything for her.

It is why she is still alive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2015, 12:55:45 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 26, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

It is why she is still alive.

No, when you are totally passive you are still alive because the non-passive people find you being alive useful in some fashion. If she wants to be a pawn for everyone else forever, then fine, although her current situation doesn't really lend itself to a long life. Ramsy Bolton is no Tyrion Lannister. Rather she has gone from being promised to the one person in Westeros actually worse than Joffrey...

0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Yeah, Show Sansa seems even dumber than Book Sansa on account of having married that creep.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 26, 2015, 01:02:53 PM
Yeah, Show Sansa seems even dumber than Book Sansa on account of having married that creep.

Both book Sansa and show Sansa grew out of her initial naïve view of the world.  But show Sansa seems to have forgotten how much power she held over Littlefinger.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 26, 2015, 01:04:44 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 26, 2015, 01:02:53 PM

Both book Sansa and show Sansa grew out of her initial naïve view of the world.  But show Sansa seems to have forgotten how much power she held over Littlefinger.

Indeed. It is like she has taken this giant step backwards.

I suspect it is just a blip, but it seems kind of odd. I mean, she married Ramsey, she knew what she was getting into, and now she seems at a loss for what to do about it. Why did she marry him at all, if she had no plan to handle him in some fashion?

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

She hasn't forgotten, she doesn't understand that it's a power over more than just Littlefinger.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Besides, Sansa is still finding her way around Ramsay because he is just so much worse than Littlefinger. I hope she finds it by the season's end.

Josquius

Quote from: Pedrito on May 26, 2015, 07:13:51 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2015, 01:41:59 AM
She might have had the most perfect set of boobs ever.
These are pretty normal tits for a 19 years old, simply we are not used to them anymore Because we don't see them in RL since decades.
We're getting old.  :(

L.

I'm not that far away and I've only once seen their like.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Also, I love Myrcella telling Jaime he looks different. Unlike her.  :lol:

Berkut

Quote from: Tyr on May 26, 2015, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on May 26, 2015, 07:13:51 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2015, 01:41:59 AM
She might have had the most perfect set of boobs ever.
These are pretty normal tits for a 19 years old, simply we are not used to them anymore Because we don't see them in RL since decades.
We're getting old.  :(

L.

I'm not that far away and I've only once seen their like.

Which makes sense. If you are making a movie, and one the primary jobs of the actress is "Have an amazing set of knockers" one would expect to get an amazing set of knockers.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

HBO is very consistent in finding amazing-looking women to play their nude roles.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

I also dispute the fact that Sansa is dumb. She tries to use the help of a local woman - and she gets flayed by Ramsay. She tries to recruit Reek - and he goes to Ramsay. So she picks up a cork screw while allowing herself a small luxury (or is it simply a way for her hope to survive in this bleak situation) of taking Ramsay down a notch through her veiled barb.

She knows her options are few as she is looking for them in a situation that seems quite dire. That does not make her passive - more like clever.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on May 26, 2015, 02:40:18 PM
I also dispute the fact that Sansa is dumb. She tries to use the help of a local woman - and she gets flayed by Ramsay. She tries to recruit Reek - and he goes to Ramsay. So she picks up a cork screw while allowing herself a small luxury (or is it simply a way for her hope to survive in this bleak situation) of taking Ramsay down a notch through her veiled barb.

She knows her options are few as she is looking for them in a situation that seems quite dire. That does not make her passive - more like clever.

I am saying, however, that she really fucked up if she got herself into this situation (allowed it to happen) without a plan better than what we've seen so far, which seems to be:

1. Hope Ramsay isn't so bad.
2. If #1 doesn't work out, see about having the old lady get in touch with someone who can save me.

Either way, she is completely passive and reactive. I was hoping that she went into the marriage with some idea of what was likely to happen, and how she was going to deal with it - which may still be the case, after all.

0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

I would bet real money little snake's tits are not the same ones she was born with.