News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Indeed. I will never look at a snake the same way.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

I hope Ramsay gets his comeuppance this season.

Habbaku

We will probably see minor vengeance against Ramsay, but I'm pretty sure he won't bite it until next season.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I thought as much before but today confirms it: short haired sand snake is super hot.

The seven prove interesting. They're launching a full fledged commie-fundie-coup.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on May 25, 2015, 12:29:15 PM
The seven prove interesting. They're launching a full fledged commie-fundie-coup.

That's just their followers. The seven haven't done squat. At least R'hllor killed Renly. :pope:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

I really liked this episode. Since we are now pretty much out of the books-woods, I catch myself thinking that the bad guys are finally getting their comeuppance - but this show has crushed hopes so many times already I don't know...

Good for Sam for finally getting some.  :lol:

Josquius

A comment that really stood out to be- Myrcella saying "Dorne is my home, I've lived here for years".
Perfectly possible she was using a figure of speech but.... Hmm... I do wonder. Have they sped up the timeline of the tv show?
If so- interesting they fit the earlier, more sensible plans for the books. Though despite it working for some plot lines it does make others such as Bran (where is he!!!!!) look a bit odd.

With the Loras the buggerer plot...
1: I wonder what happens to the guy who grassed him up? That he would confess like that.... Sure, maybe the faith are just after the big guns and don't really believe in justice for all. But it seems not so fitting from what we've seen so far.
2: it is interesting that this plot line has developed in such a way considering it fits very nicely with the earlier tv show change of making LorasXRenly much more explicit.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

When talking to Cersei, High Sparrow says that those who show penance and contrition are given Mother's mercy instead of Father's justice. Given that Olyvar's testimony was that he was Loras's squire and was coerced by him into buggery - and then he actually gives the testimony which is bound to count for something - it is quite clear why he got off.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2015, 01:41:59 AM
She might have had the most perfect set of boobs ever.

Also a 19 year-old actress.  I feel dirty.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on May 26, 2015, 12:31:55 AM
A comment that really stood out to be- Myrcella saying "Dorne is my home, I've lived here for years".
Perfectly possible she was using a figure of speech but.... Hmm... I do wonder. Have they sped up the timeline of the tv show?
If so- interesting they fit the earlier, more sensible plans for the books. Though despite it working for some plot lines it does make others such as Bran (where is he!!!!!) look a bit odd.

It's no figure of speech, she has actually been away from King's Landing for years. When was she shipped away, in the 2nd season, right? We're in the 5th, so she has been living in Dorne for a good 2-3 year period already.

Pedrito

Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2015, 01:41:59 AM
She might have had the most perfect set of boobs ever.
These are pretty normal tits for a 19 years old, simply we are not used to them anymore Because we don't see them in RL since decades.
We're getting old.  :(

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Is each season supposed to be one year, though? In the books, I'm not sure how long she's been in Dorne. Has it been "years"?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grinning_Colossus

She's been in Dorne for less than 2 years in the books, I think. If more time is passing in the show, it would also explain the Stark children.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?