News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Ricon will be the next Lord of Winterfell, Ward of the North to Queen Daenerys and King Jon.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2015, 09:50:00 AM
Sansa Stark is most boring Stark.
still 100 times better than dae whatever.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Norgy

My, how Cersei irritates me. Jon Snow irritates me too.

There's something about the old Nike slogan "just do it".

Stannis, however, is the biggest ass of them all.

Habbaku

Stannis is the one true king.  Also one of the best characters, at least in the books.  :pope:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Stannis acquired his claim through war, as did everyone else.  Whoever wins is the one true king.

Martinus

Yeah. The claim that Stannis is the "one true king" is laughable. If the crown is claimed through blood then Daenerys has a better claim. If we accept that Targaeryens could have been legitimately usurped by Baratheons through the victory at the Red Fork, then Baratheons have been usurped by Lannisters through the victory at Blackwater, and Tommen has a better claim.

Either way, I can't wait for Brienne to kill his fratricidal ass.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on April 30, 2015, 02:16:19 PM
Yeah. The claim that Stannis is the "one true king" is laughable. If the crown is claimed through blood then Daenerys has a better claim. If we accept that Targaeryens could have been legitimately usurped by Baratheons through the victory at the Red Fork, then Baratheons have been usurped by Lannisters through the victory at Blackwater, and Tommen has a better claim.

Tommen is the king because of his claim to be the lawful heir of the Baratheon dynasty.  Stannis is the one true king because he is the lawful heir of the Baratheon dynasty.  But he has to defeat the pretender first.

Valmy

A brother who betrayed him and usurped his throne out of pure opportunism? Just saying. It was not like Renly denied that was what he was cynically doing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Siege

Why are you still a Renly supporter?
He tried to usurp Stannis claim to the throne, and lost.
Natural selection. He selected himself out by not taking out Stannis, clearly his main rival, before attempting to march to King's Landing.

Norgy

By episode four this season, it's rather obvious Tommen is completely useless.

The Kingslayer is, in my opinion, the best character in the TV series. From completely unlikeable to somewhat sympathic.

Season five so far seems a bit tighter and with less boring storylines.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on April 30, 2015, 02:59:29 PM

He is just a nice boy. Now sure how that happened in that family.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2015, 03:05:25 PM

He will eventually show his true colors.

crazy canuck

The Kingslayer is, in my opinion, the best character in the TV series. From completely unlikeable to somewhat sympathic.

Season five so far seems a bit tighter and with less boring storylines.

We are on episode three

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2015, 03:05:25 PM

That, probably, will be his downfall.

GoT seems much darker this season. Cersei letting the religious fanatics loose. What happens in Castle Black, I have no idea about, but I do think Jon Snow's story arc is about to take a big upturn.

Aidan Gillen must be one of the best at playing semi-creepy roles. He was good in "The Wire", but his Littlefinger is just superb.

I hope for some comeuppance for the Boltons, but the way the series are made that's probably for season six.