News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

JON AND ARYA WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN LOVE ZOMG
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on October 21, 2014, 07:46:31 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 20, 2014, 05:38:52 PM
Picture from the shooting in Spain, wit a big spoiler on it.  :ph34r:

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4471195.ece/alternates/s615/Game-of-the-Thrones.jpg

So we are getting ahead of the books next season? Cool.

Seems like a rather large Fast Forward though in the little one's case, no? [spoiler]\i'm assuming that is Tyrion? What about the ship journey? The female midget? The pigs?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]And Daenerys...lots still have to happen to her.[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

:hmm:

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/16/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-says-people-are-going-to-die-w/

Quote[spoiler]Game Of Thrones: George R.R. Martin Says People Are Going To Die Who Don't Die In The Books

A Song of Ice and Fire autor George R.R. Martin has earned a reputation for being a particular deadly writer, when it comes to his characters. It turns out Martin may have met his betters in that department in D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, the creators and showrunners of Game of Thrones, the television adaptation of Martin's fantasy series. Martin made a surprise appearance at Saturday night's Writers Guild West Awards, and warned fans that Weiss and Benioff were planning to up the death toll in Game of Thrones Season 5 from what it was in Martin's books.

"People are going to die who don't die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy," Martin said. "So everybody better be on their toes. David and D.B. are even bloodier than I am."

Game of Thrones Season 5 will be an interesting one for fans of Martin's original series, as the television adaptation has begun to catch up with the book series. Fans will be left to wonder what a death of a character on screen who is still alive in the books will mean for that character once Martin's final two books in the series are released.

Speaking of those final two books, Martin tells ShowBiz411 that he's planning that he's still got two books left to write, but how many seasons of television that translates into is up to Benioff, Weiss, and HBO.

"This is the fifth season, the sixth season HBO picked up last year. We will have a 7th, 8th or 9th, no one knows. They only renew one or two seasons at a time. After we do season 6, maybe we'll get a renewal for 7th and 8th. That all depends, Television is a very changeable medium.

"Yeah, it's the hottest show on TV now, but will it be the hottest show on TV two years from now? Hot shows come and go and television changes, and I've lived through that before. I certainly hope that we get to tell the entire story. Because whatever happens with the show I'm going to finish the books, it will be seven books. But each of these books are 1500 pages long and they each have enough material in them for several seasons. I have two more books, the one I'm writing right now, The Winds Of Winter, and after that the last book, The Dream of Spring, so those will be the two final books. But we're talking 3000 pages of material. How many seasons that translates too? That's up to D.B. And David.[/spoiler]"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Why do you put the article in spoilers?

Valmy

Oh good not enough people have died in the books.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on February 16, 2015, 07:41:18 PM
Why do you put the article in spoilers?
[spoiler]I think he did that because he could.  There certainly isn't any spoiler material in what he tagged.[/spoiler]
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on February 16, 2015, 07:42:55 PM
Oh good not enough people have died in the books.

I actually think that Weiss and Benioff have a better feel for the story at this point than Martin does.  He's gone potboilerish on the series, but they have a limit to what they can get funded.  I think two more seasons is probably the limit. Even The Sopranos ended after six seasons, and HBO learned from True Blood that stretching beyond that is dumb.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I just hope the series goes in a different direction and we don't get an ironic situation where the series starts spoiling the books
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on February 18, 2015, 05:25:12 AM
I just hope the series goes in a different direction and we don't get an ironic situation where the series starts spoiling the books
That is already happening.  Martin and HBO have worked out how each is going to end their story, and the show won't end like the books... which is to say that the show will end, unlike the books.

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

More Danes!

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Siege

Oh shit, that's that ugly woman that take a bunch of wildlings to die by the shivering sea, in hardhome, pass the haunted forest.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien