News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2014, 01:40:55 PM
Jonathan Pryce is going to be the High Sparrow?  Oh that is awesome.

*cough*

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I wonder if this influenced the choice. :P

The Larch

They also hired Mr. Eko from Lost to play a character who doesn't appear in the books. Also, from the shooting that is taking place right now in Spain there will be scenes from Dorne featuring Jaime Lannister and another character who is being kept secret as "he's not supposed to be there".

Viking

I just saw [spoiler]images of Nicolai Coster Waldau in dornish garb on the dornish set in filming. WTF? Is he replacing Aerys Oakheart? Are D&D re-tooling the entire Dornish story arc with something else to get to the same destination?[/spoiler]
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2014, 01:38:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 18, 2014, 03:53:49 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-series-5-flashback-scenes-to-be-introduced-for-first-time-9802520.html

So they're going to have flashbacks in the next series.
That is one way to make it last longer without advancing the plot too much....hopefully we'll get to see the trident and the tower of joy :w00t:

They cancelled Game of Thrones?!
:unsure: Ey?
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

For what I read the main speculation is that Jaime will fill Balon Swann's role, not Arys Oakheart's. Besides, AFAIK Arianne hasn't been cast.

Viking

Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2014, 06:25:40 AM
For what I read the main speculation is that Jaime will fill Balon Swann's role, not Arys Oakheart's. Besides, AFAIK Arianne hasn't been cast.

You know what, that actually makes quite a bit of sense.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2014, 06:07:37 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2014, 01:38:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 18, 2014, 03:53:49 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-series-5-flashback-scenes-to-be-introduced-for-first-time-9802520.html

So they're going to have flashbacks in the next series.
That is one way to make it last longer without advancing the plot too much....hopefully we'll get to see the trident and the tower of joy :w00t:

They cancelled Game of Thrones?!
:unsure: Ey?

You said Next series?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Take a look at my avatar.

They are call season, Brit.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 20, 2014, 12:17:59 PM
Take a look at my avatar.

They are call season, Brit.

I don't think the "you are using English wrong" card is one you, in particular, want to play... especially when it was clear to everyone that Tyr was using the British meaning for series.

And who is that in your avatar?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

It's Steve McQueen, in lighting that makes him look like Leonardo DiCaprio.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Josquius

That is a spoiler. The books haven't gotten there.
██████
██████
██████