News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2014, 09:38:31 AM
They got to do something with Bran. What else is there?

There is Bran's role in defeating the White Walkers.  That's enough.  He won't be a major story focus.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Rasputin on April 10, 2014, 09:46:15 AM
SPOILER ALERT

[spoiler]Boy I wonder what marty will say, when they kill off another gay character?[spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

You'll probably need to friend him on Facebook or something to find out.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Must be the Aussie version of the show.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Nothing on the Purple Wedding?

I thought it was a glorious episode with Gleeson and Dinklage taking the acting of this show to new extremes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Watching Geoffrey die and enjoying it was the closest thing I came to being psychopath.

Solmyr

Great episode. Very strong start for the season so far.

Viking

I am now completely convinced the QoT was responsible, before this I was reasonably certain, now I am convinced.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Better episode than the opener.

I was watching for the [spoiler]involvement of Sansa's hairnet in Joffrey's death[/spoiler], but they seem to have left it out of the show.

Solmyr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 14, 2014, 08:22:44 AM
Better episode than the opener.

I was watching for the [spoiler]involvement of Sansa's hairnet in Joffrey's death[/spoiler], but they seem to have left it out of the show.

Sansa was given a necklace in the show, and if you watch closely you can see it being involved.

Viking

The Hairnet was replaced by a necklace. The QoT fidgets with the necklace.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Hmmm.  Different than the book.  :hmm: