News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

They should have known people wouldn't be alright with all those mentions of incest. :thumbsdown:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on May 28, 2013, 07:30:27 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 28, 2013, 06:22:45 AM
Why is there no new  episode this week? Surely that wasn't the end of the series? :unsure:

Yes, this was the end of the series. The show was cancelled.
tyr refuses to acknowledge the internationally accepted series/season naming structure.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on May 28, 2013, 08:17:47 AM
Why is there no new  episode this week? Surely that wasn't the end of the series? :unsure:

tyr refuses to acknowledge the internationally accepted series/season naming structure.

Oh I wasn't referring to that. Just that, in this day and age of shows going on hiatus mid-season/series being a common place, out of many possible explanations, he chose the most unlikely one.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on May 28, 2013, 08:38:31 AM
Oh I wasn't referring to that. Just that, in this day and age of shows going on hiatus mid-season/series being a common place, out of many possible explanations, he chose the most unlikely one.

Not true, the series ending would be even more unlikely than the season ending.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 28, 2013, 08:54:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 28, 2013, 08:38:31 AM

Not true, the series ending would be even more unlikely than the season ending.

Why are you quibbling? It was clear that Jos was talking about seasons and Mart wasn't nitpicking him on that. He was simply saying that Jos picked a very unlikely explanation for why the show wasn't on this weekend.  What's the problem other than yet another time where I want to backhand Jos.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I post on Languish, therefore I quibble  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

:sleep:
I said surely not. I know its most likely not the case yet something weird is up.

....errr....its not internationally recognised, its American English.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Which is international English, especially in media and entertainment.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 28, 2013, 09:36:39 AM
:sleep:
I said surely not. I know its most likely not the case yet something weird is up.

....errr....its not internationally recognised, its American English.

Yeah something weird like a holiday that happens every year.

Martinus

What use is a holiday if it happens only once a year.

The Brain

I love the English but they don't speak proper English. America fuck ja.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on May 28, 2013, 10:39:58 AM
I love the English but they don't speak proper English. America fuck ja.

I knew you weren't all bad. :hug:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2013, 03:14:48 AM
Quote from: Siege on May 30, 2013, 03:10:57 AM
Fuck my life.
:( What happened?

Obama pulled out of Iraq and won't send Siegy to Afghanistan. Either that or they ran out of "beer".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.