News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

That's the Principality of Titsuck, right?  So he was like a spy?

Berkut

No, he is a Whitecloak. Why a Whitecloak would try to murder the Kings Hand in the middle of a battle is a very good question though. I wonder who might have put him up to such a thing?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 01:54:45 PM
That's the Principality of Titsuck, right?  So he was like a spy?

Yes, Principality of titsuck. He came to Kings Landing with Jon Arryn (the guy who was already dead in episode 1 of season 1 and was ward to Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon and started the rebellion that put Robert on the throne and he was Roberts hand untill he was apparently poisoned by lannisters; or so Lysa Arryn tells Catelyn Stark in her letter; and Ned was needed as a replacement) and was one of the new Kings Guards made after Roberts Rebellion succeeded.

Us bookreaders don't know what he was and who he worked for. All we know is

1 - he came from the Vale of Arryn with Jon Arryn
2 - he had an excellent pokerface
3 - he tried to kill Tyrion
4 - was killed by Tyrions squire Podrick Payne (nephew of Illyn Payne the guy who had his toung cut out and frightens Sansa (as opposed to the guy who had his face burned off and frightens sansa and the guy who killed her father and frightens sansa))

The best guess we have is that he worked for Littlefinger.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

I always thought Cersei put him up to it.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 02:01:34 PM
No, he is a Whitecloak. Why a Whitecloak would try to murder the Kings Hand in the middle of a battle is a very good question though. I wonder who might have put him up to such a thing?

My list of candidates includes

Cersei, Littlefinger, Illyrio Mopatis, Varys, Robb Stark, Dany Targaryen, The Great Other, Doran Martell, Stannis, Balon Greyjoy, Davos Seaworth, Melisandre....

oh bugger, I think the list of people not trying to kill him is shorter...

Jamie, Tommen and Bronn - though Bronn quite possibly might not be on the "not trying to kill him" list.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 02:01:34 PM

That sort of logical thinking won't get us anywhere.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Berkut

I wouldn't be so sure about Tommen. Him and Myrcella are not nearly so innocent as they seem!

0 rows returned

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 02:11:03 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about Tommen. Him and Myrcella are not nearly so innocent as they seem!
But tommen loves kittens. that makes him a good guy!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 02:11:03 PM

No way on tommen, if Tommen had ordered it he would have sent Ser Pounce not Ser Mandon.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 12:13:21 AM
Just saw the mud gate episode.  You guys spoiled it for me with all the hype.

Not even one guy could make it up the ladder with Stannis?

You ever try climbing up a ladder with some dudes throwing styrofoam balls at you?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on May 31, 2012, 05:31:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 12:13:21 AM
Just saw the mud gate episode.  You guys spoiled it for me with all the hype.

Not even one guy could make it up the ladder with Stannis?

You ever try climbing up a ladder with some dudes throwing styrofoam balls at you?

I did; and broke a fingernail.

Jaron

His name always reminded me of Mandy Moore.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Zoupa

SUGE, I used to be in love with Mandy Moore  :blush: