News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Book 3 will be two season long. and new characters revealed.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-throne-season-3-cast/

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

:)

The Blackfish, Jojen and Meera, Mance Rayder, Beric and Thoros and the Queen of Thorns herself? Awesome.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: viper37 on May 29, 2012, 09:45:50 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 28, 2012, 07:29:23 PM
Hmmm.

I was actually a bit dissapointed in the Blackwater episode. I know they spent extra money on it, and there were certainly some very cool scenes, but...well, it still looked small.

ALl the fighting was outside one gate, you never got the feeling there were more than a couple hundred men total involved.

Still a lot of fun, but not as epic as I hoped for...
In the book, I never got the impression the battle was elsewhere but at the mud gate.  Most of Stannis fleet was destroyed and he landed a small force somewhere he could.  Wich probably explains the low number of troops and the lack of siege engines.  Or he intended to build them on place, during a long siege.

Stannis' dudes made a bridge across the Blackwater by tying the galleys together.
They could have potentially crossed the entire force on the south side of the river, if it werent for Tyrion's charge.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

viper37

Quote from: Siege on May 29, 2012, 04:33:25 PM
Stannis' dudes made a bridge across the Blackwater by tying the galleys together.
They could have potentially crossed the entire force on the south side of the river, if it werent for Tyrion's charge.

ah, yes, I remember now.  Thanks.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Hmmm.

I was actually a bit dissapointed in the Blackwater episode. I know they spent extra money on it, and there were certainly some very cool scenes, but...well, it still looked small.

ALl the fighting was outside one gate, you never got the feeling there were more than a couple hundred men total involved.

It certainly wasn't what they built us up for, but was fine for a TV show.  The fleet blowing up was certainly well-done, if a bit too long.  Best line of the show so far (though tipped ahead of time by the preview):  "Those are brave men knocking at the gate.... let's go kill them!"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jaron

Quote from: grumbler on May 30, 2012, 07:00:54 PM
Hmmm.

:huh:

It's a good line but isn't "Any man dies with a clean sword, I'll rape his fucking corpse" better?

It certainly wasn't what they built us up for, but was fine for a TV show.  The fleet blowing up was certainly well-done, if a bit too long.  Best line of the show so far (though tipped ahead of time by the preview):  "Those are brave men knocking at the gate.... let's go kill them!"
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

learn to quote you fucking wetback.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

Quote from: Jaron on May 30, 2012, 08:39:07 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 30, 2012, 07:00:54 PM
Hmmm.

:huh:

It's a good line but isn't "Any man dies with a clean sword, I'll rape his fucking corpse" better?

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

Just saw the mud gate episode.  You guys spoiled it for me with all the hype.

Not even one guy could make it up the ladder with Stannis?

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 12:13:21 AM
Just saw the mud gate episode.  You guys spoiled it for me with all the hype.

Not even one guy could make it up the ladder with Stannis?

He had flatulence issues.

Admiral Yi

Was there some back story to the Golden Guardian dude who sliced the imps face?

I've only seen 3 episodes this season so I've missed oodles.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 01:45:15 PM
Was there some back story to the Golden Guardian dude who sliced the imps face?

I've only seen 3 episodes this season so I've missed oodles.

His name is Mandon Moore and he is one of the Kings Guard and carries a White Cloak. He came to kings landing with Jon Arryn and his family is from The Vale of Arryn.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.