Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2012, 11:09:28 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 27, 2012, 06:20:40 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 27, 2012, 04:26:09 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2012, 09:29:04 AM

Argument by assertion,

Saw this and zoned out. Grumblering....
:lol:  Yeah, you'd want to avoid seeing the mention of argument by assertion, yourself.  ReTyr'd.

He's simply ignoring you.  I thought you were down with that.

That's a rather passive-aggressive manner of ignoring someone.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2012, 11:21:34 AM
Grumbler does that too.

It rings hollow when he does it as well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

In show heights.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tyr on April 28, 2012, 02:39:18 AM
Wow. Dani is a midget.
isn't she like 14 or 15 when to books start?
So lots of opportunity for growth :p

Viking

Why is Ghost in Stark White?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 28, 2012, 03:59:40 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 28, 2012, 02:39:18 AM
Wow. Dani is a midget.
isn't she like 14 or 15 when to books start?
So lots of opportunity for growth :p

The actress though is in her 20s iirc.
I had seen she was short but didn't think she was quite that tiny. Her hotness level is depleting. :(
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Since when is 5'3" a midget?

Solmyr

Seems like a perfectly normal height for a woman.

Viking

http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=3995

QuoteFrom the 10th century through to the 19th, the average height of adult men was 5ft 7in or 170cm - just 2in below today's average. Women were an average of 5ft 2in or 158cm - just over an inch shorter than today. All the bones in the study came from the medieval St Peter's Church in Barton upon Humber, North East Lincolnshire.

It's the kids of today that are freakishly big. So, Dany is about 1 inch taller than average Medieval Lincolnshire Englishwomen.

N.B.

while searching I found this..

http://medieval-castles.org/index.php/how_tall_were_people_during_the_middle_a

QuoteThere are records of many dwarfs during the Middle Ages. This was surprisingly more common among nobles probably because of family members marrying each other. More notoriously is the case of a British king who was so short that his throne had to be shortened especially for him. Of course there is no evidence to support this and it may simply be a myth - but, the fact that many dwarfs existed is well documented.

That's so cute, Tyrion is a dwarf because Tywin married his cousin.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Fate

Quote from: Viking on April 28, 2012, 07:14:21 AM
Unlikely. Most cases of achondroplasia are due to de novo mutations in the father's spermatogonium. Neither parent has to be a dwarf. It's usually associated with advanced paternal age.

Viking

Quote from: Fate on April 28, 2012, 12:04:15 PM
Unlikely. Most cases of achondroplasia are due to de novo mutations in the father's spermatogonium. Neither parent has to be a dwarf. It's usually associated with advanced paternal age.

Neither Tywin Lannister nor Joanna Lannister were dwarves, they were, however, cousins.

Fate

Quote from: Viking on April 28, 2012, 01:14:17 PM
Quote from: Fate on April 28, 2012, 12:04:15 PM

Neither Tywin Lannister nor Joanna Lannister were dwarves, they were, however, cousins.
That is irrelevant. The kind of dwarfism that Tyrion has (which is also the most common type) is caused by a mutation is his father's sperm. The mutation happened in the father during adulthood. The father doesn't have the mutation in his somatic cells (thus he is not a dwarf), it's only in certain germ cells. The risk of obtaining mutations in your germ cells increases as you age. Everyone accumulates these mutations in their sperm, it's just a matter of that sperm wining the egg lottery. Even you have a chance of popping out a baby Tyrion if you waited long enough to have children.

The reason people worry about marrying cousins is because of auotsomal recessive conditions. Achondroplasia is an autosomal dominant condition in which most cases arise de novo from the male's germ line, meaning neither parent has the mutation and there would be no family history.