And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: viper37 on April 05, 2012, 03:35:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2012, 02:21:31 PM
I just sort of ignore the sex stuff on HBO shows.
so you ignore 3/4 of HBO shows?  :P

Seriously, though, there is just as much sex&nudity, heck, I'd say more, in G.R.R. books than in the tv show.

Yes, but is not the same reading than watching.
I read the One Thousand and One Nights (Arabian Nights) when I was like 9.
It doesn't get more erotic than that.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

viper37

Quote from: Siege on April 05, 2012, 06:13:22 PM
Yes, but is not the same reading than watching.
I read the One Thousand and One Nights (Arabian Nights) when I was like 9.
It doesn't get more erotic than that.

It is the same to me. 
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 05, 2012, 06:10:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2012, 02:21:31 PM
I just sort of ignore the sex stuff on HBO shows.  Like in Rome it is just totally pointless.  But it is a necessary evil.

Why do we have to put up with all these stupid sex scenes?
The only thing they do, is that kids cannot watch this show.
They are wasting time best used telling the story.

Brings in the viewers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

As long as they get most of the non-fucking right, I don't really mind the fucking or the sexposition that much.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on April 05, 2012, 06:10:36 PM
Why do we have to put up with all these stupid sex scenes?

Because it is a requirement for whatever reason.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 05, 2012, 03:35:11 PM
so you ignore 3/4 of HBO shows?  :P

Seriously, though, there is just as much sex&nudity, heck, I'd say more, in G.R.R. books than in the tv show.

Not really.  I can only think of a few per book and they are mostly for the creepiness factor.  In the show it is like once an episode at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2012, 10:16:33 PM
Not really.  I can only think of a few per book and they are mostly for the creepiness factor.  In the show it is like once an episode at least.
Tyrion keeps fucking Shea every chapters in the books.  Cersei is fucking the Kettlebacks, Lancel and Moonboy for all I know.
In the first book, the sex scene between Cersei and Jamie is quite explicit.
In the second book, Sansa is stripped naked in public by her husband.
There are descriptions of the whorehouse and its activities when Tyrion enters it to take the secret passage to meet his prostitute girlfriend.
Greyjoy is fucking the captain's daughter on his way to his home.  Once he gets on the horse, he's grabbin his sisters tits.

In the 3rd or 4th book, there is talk of a dinner at some place conquered by the Greyjoys where the ladies of the house serve naked and some entertain the guests.  There is a lot of talk about rape in the books.

So far, I think only Brienne and Arya haven't been in a sex scene.  Brandon got a hardon seeing Osha coming out naked of some pool/lake.

Littlefinger keeps grabbing Sansa's breasts, even though she's a minor.

As I said, lots of sex.  Some of it was removed from tv, some added elsewhere (the prostitute in Winterfell).

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2012, 12:14:01 AM
Some of it was removed from tv, some added elsewhere (the prostitute in Winterfell).

Not really added.  In book one he goes to see the prostitutes there often iirc.

viper37

I guess I tend to forget the sex scenes I read :D

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2012, 01:21:56 PM
I guess I tend to forget the sex scenes I read :D

There were no actual sex scenes that I recall.  But I seem to recall that he introduced the imp to his favourite whore and I guess from that the character in the show was born.

Viking

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 06, 2012, 11:22:31 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2012, 12:14:01 AM
Some of it was removed from tv, some added elsewhere (the prostitute in Winterfell).

Not really added.  In book one he goes to see the prostitutes there often iirc.

I'm expecting Ros to replace Chataya and Alayahya.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Yes, but now the kids cannot watch the show.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on April 07, 2012, 09:50:14 PM
:huh:  You have kids?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

It's HBO, when did the kids ever get to watch the show?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2012, 10:07:17 PM
:huh:  You have kids?

He will.

Siege, the books are not children's books.  They are entertainment meant for adults.  The series reflects that.  Don't take that as me agreeing with the need for all the sex scenes, but this is not meant for kids.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017