And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

That map was mindblowing.

A couple of questions, though.

1- The Land of the long summer. That this implies that Essos have the same long winters and long summers as Westeros?
2- Slavers Bay and Valyria. Doesn't this area looks suspiciously like Greece and the Egean sea?
3- Sothoryos. Does this means South in high valyrian? Why are all cities destroyed in there?
4- Volantis = Massilia?
5- How do the Dothraki gets to Pentos? Croosing the Rhoyne (the Rhone?) doesn't look like the kind of land to support a khalassar.
6- New Ghis = Rhodes?
7- Summer Islands, I expected them to be way bigger, like Africa or something.
8- Ebben, too small?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

katmai

Quote from: Siege on April 04, 2012, 10:00:58 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:00:59 AM
It's okay Berkie. Unless Neil/moldy or seedy overturn it he won't be posting here till next Monday.

Who is Moldy?

I could tell you,but then i'd have to kill ya.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

So you have nothing to lose by telling him then...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 04:34:38 PM
Do the books explore at all the theme of a gay claimant to the throne's dynastic ambitions?  Dude's is presumably not going to hand off the throne to his heir.

Yeah he is.  He brags to Stannis he is going to get his wife preggo very soon.  And naturally Stannis then mocks him.  I mean he is gay not sterile.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I almost agree with Zoupa, but the thing is, they haven't done much subtitly (sp?) in the series, it would look weird if they started with Stannis and the redhead.

Speaking of a naked hottie on the war table, the 2nd episode had a bit of excess needless fucking, didn't it? Clearly their favourite place to be is Littlefinger's brothel, but I hope they won't keep wasting time there in future eps. It's not like they have much time to waste if they want to cover everything in 10 episodes

Zoupa

I'm so glad they introduced that whore character. We can follow her journeys from Winterfell to King's Landing and beyond.

It's fascinating stuff, a much needed viewpoint. Who needs the Blackfish when you have a traveling ho?

:wacko:

Viking

Quote from: Zoupa on April 05, 2012, 02:08:09 AM
I'm so glad they introduced that whore character. We can follow her journeys from Winterfell to King's Landing and beyond.

It's fascinating stuff, a much needed viewpoint. Who needs the Blackfish when you have a traveling ho?

I'm starting to think that Ros -> Chataya/Alayahya, like Alton -> Cleos Frey and Osha -> Jojen and Meera Reed
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

I just sort of ignore the sex stuff on HBO shows.  Like in Rome it is just totally pointless.  But it is a necessary evil.

I mean come on not everything is going to work for you in a TV show.  Somethings work, somethings are awesome, somethings are meh, and somethings are groaningly bad.  And with so many elements in this particular show you have to expect a few groaners.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2012, 02:21:31 PM
I just sort of ignore the sex stuff on HBO shows.
so you ignore 3/4 of HBO shows?  :P

Seriously, though, there is just as much sex&nudity, heck, I'd say more, in G.R.R. books than in the tv show.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Nudity in text form is pretty bland.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2012, 05:10:45 PM
Nudity in text form is pretty bland.

Might be okay to say for the series in question...but in general? No way.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2012, 05:42:57 PM
(.) (.)

Looks more like a Muppet's eyes than a pair of breasts IMO.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on April 05, 2012, 02:12:55 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 05, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

I'm starting to think that Ros -> Chataya/Alayahya, like Alton -> Cleos Frey and Osha -> Jojen and Meera Reed

What? No Jojen? No Meera?

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2012, 02:21:31 PM
I just sort of ignore the sex stuff on HBO shows.  Like in Rome it is just totally pointless.  But it is a necessary evil.

Why do we have to put up with all these stupid sex scenes?
The only thing they do, is that kids cannot watch this show.
They are wasting time best used telling the story.