News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2012, 05:39:46 AM
Renly fucks Loras and Margaery for the Tyrell support.

He didn't fuck Margaery, the marriage was not consumed.  That is the official version at least.  In the books they say he passed out too drunk, but someone also says Loras was the one carrying the naked bride to bed, as per their custom.

Ah, and Renly to Stannis about the girl:
Renly: -She is a maiden
Stannis: -And likely to remain so all her life if married to you.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2012, 02:52:40 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
The first few books are subtle, nuanced, intricate. The show is sort of lame and blunt. Good for you if you enjoy it :shrug:

Well I haven't seen it yet so I cannot comment.  And he broke no vows that I am aware of.

He breaks his wedding vows. I could have sorta understood if Mel told him "we need to have sex RIGHT NOW so I can birth a monster that will wreck your brother's chances". But no, he has sex with her expressedly for a son, expressedly breaking his vows, and all for what would be a bastard with zero claim as his heir.

It was lame and lazy.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 03:46:18 PM
He breaks his wedding vows.

That he made to Gods he just burned.

I was not aware Mel lied to him when she did it I figured when he had sex with her it was specifically to make the shadow monster.  Yeah not to crazy about that.  But again, I haven't seen it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I feel it's lazy or cheap to write dozens of chapters and unanimous viewpoints telling us how Stannis always does what is Lawful Neutral, then turn around and have him breaking his vows because the chick says "ill give you a son!".

He's not doing it for pleasure, he's doing it for the future of the Kingdom, so he's not immoral ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Do the books explore at all the theme of a gay claimant to the throne's dynastic ambitions?  Dude's is presumably not going to hand off the throne to his heir.

Razgovory

You can never please everyone when you make a film adaptation of a novel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2012, 04:41:24 PM
You can never please everyone when you make a film adaptation of a novel.

One would have expected that they would have aimed for the larger audience and not Marti.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 04:34:38 PM
Do the books explore at all the theme of a gay claimant to the throne's dynastic ambitions?  Dude's is presumably not going to hand off the throne to his heir.

I think Renly figures on getting around to producing an heir at some point, but no rush.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2012, 04:56:12 PM
I think Renly figures on getting around to producing an heir at some point, but no rush.

Will he: close his eyes and think of Westeros?

Habbaku

and all for what would be a bastard with zero claim as his heir.

Two bastards are legitimized in the series, or near enough to matter in one case.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2012, 02:52:40 PM
The first few books are subtle, nuanced, intricate. The show is sort of lame and blunt. Good for you if you enjoy it :shrug:

Well I haven't seen it yet so I cannot comment.  And he broke no vows that I am aware of.

He breaks his wedding vows. I could have sorta understood if Mel told him "we need to have sex RIGHT NOW so I can birth a monster that will wreck your brother's chances". But no, he has sex with her expressedly for a son, expressedly breaking his vows, and all for what would be a bastard with zero claim as his heir.

It was lame and lazy.
He's King, he can legitimize it anytime he wants.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Why are you people arguing with Zoupa, he has shown in past he has shitty taste in movies.

Plus he's french refugee living in Canuckleland
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zoupa

:glare:

And to think, I used to save your ass in PvP.

Et tu, Bluto?

Grey Fox

Tu méritais celle la. Subtility doesn't make good tv.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Siege

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:00:59 AM
It's okay Berkie. Unless Neil/moldy or seedy overturn it he won't be posting here till next Monday.

Who is Moldy?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"