News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on April 04, 2012, 10:28:52 AM
Much like the Renly-Loras romance, I am really surprised that there are people out there that missed the Stannis-is-banging-Melisandre angle.

My impression was that Stannis has no desire for sex really he just does it for the magical mojo.  It is like there was a constant supply of Baratheon sexuality and all the gayness went to one and the heteroness went to Robert and there was nothing left for Stannis.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on April 04, 2012, 09:58:08 AM
There is whining about spoilers when shows have already been aired to the general populace,

The general populace doesn't have HBO.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quick to ban?

Yeah that is what everybody says about me. :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:46:28 AM
Quick to ban?

:ph34r:

Um...what I meant to say in the NHL thread was screw the Canadians we need a NHL team in Seattle.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quick to ban?

Yeah that is what everybody says about me. :lol:
amongst other things :P

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2012, 10:50:10 AM
Quick to ban?

Um...what I meant to say in the NHL thread was screw the Canadians we need a NHL team in Seattle.
Too late. Your snarky dig at UW football has put you on notice.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 11:00:17 AM
Too late. Your snarky dig at UW football has put you on notice.

Um Don James > Darrel Royal
Steve Emtman > Tommy Nobis

How is that?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 11:00:17 AM
Your snarky dig at UW football has put you on notice.

The Badgers have actually been pretty good lately.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Habbaku on April 04, 2012, 10:28:52 AM
Much like the Renly-Loras romance, I am really surprised that there are people out there that missed the Stannis-is-banging-Melisandre angle.
So I got half of those. :lol:  Anyway, I tried to remain spoiler free and just said I was pissed, with elaboration done after the episode aired.  P.S.  If anyone is desperate for the episode now, let me know... :tamas:  :pirate
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Zoupa

Jesus Christ people, yes it's hinted at by Mel in the books. On the other hand, she's a freaking wizard or whatever, so who cares how she gets to birth that shadow thingie.

I feel it's lazy or cheap to write dozens of chapters and unanimous viewpoints telling us how Stannis always does what is Lawful Neutral, then turn around and have him breaking his vows because the chick says "ill give you a son!".

The first few books are subtle, nuanced, intricate. The show is sort of lame and blunt. Good for you if you enjoy it :shrug:

In short,  Martinass is a tard. But we all knew that.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
The first few books are subtle, nuanced, intricate. The show is sort of lame and blunt. Good for you if you enjoy it :shrug:

Well I haven't seen it yet so I cannot comment.  And he broke no vows that I am aware of.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 03, 2012, 09:37:06 PM
I had more of an old Conan (Shwarzzenegger) look in my mind when I read the books.
really?  He only seemed like a regular old men to me, not the kind to stand and fight.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 02:58:06 AM
And no Tim, he doesn't have sex with her in the books.
Yes, he does, but it is not spelled out. 
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.