News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 08:51:12 AM
What if you guys cool it about discussing episodes that haven't even been shown on TV yet. <_<

+1
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Don't read a thread if you whine about spoilers - easy enough.

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2012, 08:56:56 AM
Buh bye till next monday.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Well if you guys are going to be watching ahead that means most of us will not be participating in this thread.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 02:58:06 AM
Martinus, stop trying to rip off CdM's schtick.

The contemptuous nihilistic French smoker stereotype has been around much longer than CDM. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2012, 09:00:28 AM

Well if you guys are going to be watching ahead that means most of us will not be participating in this thread.
HBO changed it's mind about the early Euro screenings from what I read.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

There is whining about spoilers when shows have already been aired to the general populace, and then there is a rather legitimate point that common fucking courtesy would suggest that you not talk about a show that you know most people have not seen yet.

And don't give me this "then don't open the thread" bullshit - I WANT to talk about the show, just not the ones that have yet to actually air in general. So no, simply not opening the thread is not an option. You are basically demanding that the thread only be for those who have watched ahead, and everyone else should not be included, all so you can avoid even showing a modicum of simple courtesy to others.

Christ, if you really want to talk ahead, then create a specific thread for that, label it appropriately, and the four of you can go chat in there. The rest of us are using THIS thread to talk about Game of Thrones Season 2, and the assumption is that everyone in here has seen the latest regularly scheduled episode shown every Sunday night around 9pm EST.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on April 04, 2012, 09:58:08 AM
There is whining about spoilers when shows have already been aired to the general populace, and then there is a rather legitimate point that common fucking courtesy would suggest that you not talk about a show that you know most people have not seen yet.

And don't give me this "then don't open the thread" bullshit - I WANT to talk about the show, just not the ones that have yet to actually air in general. So no, simply not opening the thread is not an option. You are basically demanding that the thread only be for those who have watched ahead, and everyone else should not be included, all so you can avoid even showing a modicum of simple courtesy to others.

Christ, if you really want to talk ahead, then create a specific thread for that, label it appropriately, and the four of you can go chat in there. The rest of us are using THIS thread to talk about Game of Thrones Season 2, and the assumption is that everyone in here has seen the latest regularly scheduled episode shown every Sunday night around 9pm EST.

:yes:

It isn't unreasonable to not want to see spoilers about episodes that have yet to air.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

It's okay Berkie. Unless Neil/moldy or seedy overturn it he won't be posting here till next Monday.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:00:59 AM
It's okay Berkie. Unless Neil/moldy or seedy overturn it he won't be posting here till next Monday.
I blame the next clearing the air thread on you.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

I think last one was my fault too

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Habbaku

Much like the Renly-Loras romance, I am really surprised that there are people out there that missed the Stannis-is-banging-Melisandre angle.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien