And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 01:55:56 AM
Zoupa ragequits Game of Thrones! :o

He's French. He wouldn't be happy unless they opened with a 15 minutes completely dialogue-less scene showing just Stannis's boots and the sound of his footsteps on the floor, followed by him sighing at the sea while he existentially flips off the ashes from his cigarette

Zoupa

It's hardly a ragequit... I wasn't all wowed about the 1st season anyways. I think there's better tv out there.

And no Tim, he doesn't have sex with her in the books.

Martinus, stop trying to rip off CdM's schtick.

That is all for now. Back to your fanboy fapping everyone.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 02:58:06 AM

He totally does. Isn't that where the vagina shadow assassins come from?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 04, 2012, 03:20:20 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 02:58:06 AM

He totally does. Isn't that where the vagina shadow assassins come from?

It is never revealed in the books, but it could be something GRRM intended (like the Loras/Renly affair that is never explicitly admitted in the books, but has been confirmed by the Word of Gay) or at least thought is consistent with his writing (he mentioned at some occassions that he does not know answers to all mysteries in his books but is willing to be more explicit for the show as long as he is fine with the explanation).

In short, Zoupa is a moron.

Sophie Scholl

I agree with Zoupa.  Episode 02 has me less than pleased.  I can understand taking some shortcuts and editing a bit, but to make such a big change in an important character?  Dreadful.  There had best be a damn good explanation. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Viking

Like the Renly-Loras ghey fucking scene, it was implied in the books that Stannis fucked Melisandre not only as part of rumor but it is also suggested by Melisandre to Davos when the shadow baby is born inside the walls of Storms End.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Viking on April 04, 2012, 03:56:08 AM
Like the Renly-Loras ghey fucking scene, it was implied in the books that Stannis fucked Melisandre not only as part of rumor but it is also suggested by Melisandre to Davos when the shadow baby is born inside the walls of Storms End.
Really?  Damn.  I guess I was blinded by my support.  I feel like Davos. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Larch

It is even mentioned that the shadows look a bit like Stannis.

And I'm glad that they seem to brush away the Florents.

Martinus

It seems that if the Baratheon brothers have one thing in common, it's their willingness to fuck their way to the top.

Robert fucks Cersei to keep the Kingdom going.
Stannis fucks Melisandre for her magic.
Renly fucks Loras and Margaery for the Tyrell support.

I am not saying they don't necessarily enjoy it, but that this seems like a common theme. :P

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2012, 05:39:46 AM
It seems that if the Baratheon brothers have one thing in common, it's their willingness to fuck their way to the top.

Robert fucks Cersei to keep the Kingdom going.
Stannis fucks Melisandre for her magic.
Renly fucks Loras and Margaery for the Tyrell support.

I am not saying they don't necessarily enjoy it, but that this seems like a common theme. :P

we are still not sure of the bolded bit... well, at least not officially...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2012, 01:53:54 AM
Stannis full of honor is fucking Melisandre, which flies against everything we ever read about him in 5 books.

Um he fucks her in the books.  That is how the shadow monster thing was born.  I mean there was no scene where it happened but it was about as subtle as a ton of bricks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2012, 05:39:46 AM

Let others wage wars, but you, happy Baratheon, fuck!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

What if you guys cool it about discussing episodes that haven't even been shown on TV yet. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 08:51:12 AM
What if you guys cool it about discussing episodes that haven't even been shown on TV yet. <_<

Or at least use the spoiler function.  I mean I know most of us know what happens thanks to the books but come on.