News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Yeah, but Melisandre told Stannis that "your wife has only given you stillborns" (granted, she specified "no sons"). No mention whatsoever that Shireen exists.

Solmyr

Also, Jaqen looked kinda plain and normal, no freaky hair like in the books.

LaCroix

Quote from: Solmyr on April 03, 2012, 11:36:48 AM
Also, Jaqen looked kinda plain and normal, no freaky hair like in the books.

i prefer this, actually, especially over those ridiculous fan-made pictures of him over the internet. i don't think the bright red and white would carry over very well on screen

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Liep on April 03, 2012, 10:55:26 AM
Also, I'm joining the Melisandre = HAWT crowd. (Asha and Gilly also fine.)

Me too. I may just convert to the fire god.

Gilly is that ditzy girl from Skins. Seems appropriate I guess.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Melly seemed a bit weak to me.  I always pictured her as literally a force of nature.  Her voice seemed weak and not at all overpowering. Bad sound editing?

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on April 03, 2012, 03:23:30 AM
Did they change the Theon storyline? I thought the sister whom he wanted to fuck upon arrival in the Pyke was Asha - not sure why they changed her to "Yara". Also she was rather ugly but maybe it's just me. Then again, Theon doesn't seem averse to fucking fugly chicks, as long as he does it from behind.
Had you read the thread, you would know.
Asha and Osha were too similar sounding.  To avoid confusion, they change the name.  Not the last time it will happen either.

It's the same sister.  And altough I have not seen the episode in question, you are the last person on this forum on whom we should rely to evaluate the beauty of a feminine character.  Stick with Renly.

Also, still no sight of Renly. I want the famed sex scene already.
There's no sex scene between Renly and his gay lover, it is only implied they have sex.  I hope they keep true to the spirit of the book on this.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

I cant wait until Renly dies.

viper37

Quote from: Liep on April 03, 2012, 10:55:26 AM

Also, I'm joining the Melisandre = HAWT crowd. (Asha and Gilly also fine.)
Right, I was going to ask how they look, but I realize you damn Yuros have seen the 2nd episode.  Dammit.  One more week for the beautys...

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2012, 02:43:11 PM
I cant wait until Renly dies.
I wanted to post something clever, but I can't top this trolling of Martinus, so I stay quiet :P

Martinus

There is a sex scene between Renly and Loras in season 2.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Just saw the 2nd episode. Purists of the books are going to dehydrate from all the frothing if changes continue at this rate during the season.

And...[spoiler]Other[/spoiler] sighting...  :ph34r:

Admiral Yi

Another thing that got me about the first episode was the reality of the land beyond the wall did not quite match the hype.  If one old man with 60 daughter-wives can hack it, it can't really be that tough.

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2012, 07:56:39 PM
Another thing that got me about the first episode was the reality of the land beyond the wall did not quite match the hype.  If one old man with 60 daughter-wives can hack it, it can't really be that tough.
He has help, which was more than hinted at.

How do Northerners feed themselves?  I keep thinking they have hearty rye and barley, but the lakes are goddamn frozen over for years at a time.  Do they drink evergreen sap?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2012, 07:56:39 PM

Craster was the kind of hard muther fucker that nobody wants to fuck with. [spoiler]Furthermore Craster has been buying safety from the wights and others by sacrificing his sons to them. The superstitious of wildlings might have thought that Craster had the ability to sick of the others on them if they fucked with craster.[/spoiler] But, basically Craster's survivability is basically the same as the northernmost of the the northern small folk.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.