News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2012, 09:23:49 PM
Looks like Episode 2 is on the internets, anyone seen it?

WTF are you talking about?

Tamas

jimmy olsen

Of course I am. It leaked on Dutch HBO Go.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

LaCroix

just finished the second episode

the arya and gendry interactions are really excellent. and the actor they chose for davos is wonderful, stannis too

Martinus

The second episode seemed to me somewhat less awesome than the first one but that could be because my connection on HBO Go was choppy so I had to pause every scene to get it to buffer up.

Did they change the Theon storyline? I thought the sister whom he wanted to fuck upon arrival in the Pyke was Asha - not sure why they changed her to "Yara". Also she was rather ugly but maybe it's just me. Then again, Theon doesn't seem averse to fucking fugly chicks, as long as he does it from behind.

Tyrion - Cersei interactions were excellent - we know both Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage can act (remember the Cersei - Roberrt famous "hate" chat?) so it is a pleasure to watch these two explore their complex relationship.

Tyrion vs. Varys was probably my favourite scene ("the big fish eat the little fish and I keep paddling on") but I saw it in one of the previews before.

Littlefinger was given some "cunt development" scene so we don't forget he is a cunt only because Cersei treats him like a bitch.

Also, still no sight of Renly. I want the famed sex scene already.

Martinus

Incidentally, Theon's plight reminds me of my Elective monarchy Denmark game in CK2. I made a mistake of sending my son and heir apparent to a German court for tutoring - he came back a German and my Dukes wouldn't want to elect him as the new King anymore.  <_<

Liep

What is this HBO Go of which you speak? And how does one get it?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

It's an online HBO service - essentially a Video on Demand, but functioning without a need for a decoder or a similar device.

It allows you to have one device of each type (a computer, a tablet and a smartphone) associated with it, on which you can watch the movies. Go to your local hbo website and check it out if it is available where you are. :)

Martinus

For example, it looks like this for Poland:

http://www.hbo.pl/hbogo

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

To be honest, the whole spoiler thing is completely alien to me.

I don't mind spoilers myself, as in most cases I enjoy storytelling much more than the actual plot twists, so even if I know (vaguely) how a book or a film ends, it does not detract me from the enjoyment of it.

Furthermore, if there is a thread dedicated to a discussion of a show or a book, someone who is annoyed by spoilers AND hasn't watched the show/read the book, AND goes into a thread like this is a complete idiot deserving of nothing but scorn and contempt, so I am not going to respect his wishes as it would be beneath me.

The only exception, I guess, would be a situation similar to SOIAF, where you would not spoil tv-show-only viewers with facts from the books that haven't yet been presented on the show - but only if that's the original premise of the thread only.

Syt

Quote from: Liep on April 03, 2012, 04:43:24 AM
What is this HBO Go of which you speak? And how does one get it?

QuoteCentral Europe

HBO is available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic and Slovenia.

For Austria, their series will now be shown by Sky (formerly Premiere) who have created Sky Atlantic HD channel for that purpose. Sky has an online offering, but seems to cover only movies and sports, not series.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Yeah, Canal+ is the provider here it seems. However, it's not possible to get that without getting the extra plus plus deluxe package for $200 a month. No thanks.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Ugh, so much? I have a Canal+ based service and the premium pack (which has 3 HBO channels and whatnot) costs 170 zloty (i.e. app. 45 Euro). Why is Denmark so expensive?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████