And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on April 02, 2012, 12:12:42 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 01, 2012, 11:52:13 PM
Melisandre is maybe the hottest thing ever.

:x

Only if into pasty white chicks.

Wait, there are people who aren't?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 02, 2012, 12:12:42 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 01, 2012, 11:52:13 PM
Melisandre is maybe the hottest thing ever.

:x

Only if into pasty white chicks.

:wub: pasty white chicks.  Really if you are going to go white why not go all the way?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Seriously are we allowed to discuss the episode yet?  Everybody seen it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2012, 11:08:21 AM

24 hours is sufficient for the spoiler limit. I haven't seen it yet, I'm watching with friends.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on April 02, 2012, 10:49:46 AM

Not really - he looks extremely bland (and fatter) in the series.

But the actor is nice.  Speaking of which - do you know the British boy band One Direction?  Now there's a brochette of hard candies!

So I'll need to download the torrent tonight.  how many episodes so far?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Liep

It won't be aired in Denmark until sometime next year. I think they're starting season one this week.

...and they're shocked over the amount of piracy in this country.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

I'm still waiting on the Netflix queues for season 1 to go away.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

That's why there's a [spoiler]spoiler function[/spoiler].  :ph34r:

I just saw it. It's ossum.

Martinus

Surprised that Western Europe is getting it so late, seeing how it gets a simultaneous release in Poland.

Anyways, just finished watching the first episode. Indeed, it's pretty ossum. Some thoughts:

- Dragonstone on the intro!  :cool:
- Tyrion rocks
- It sucks to be Cersei, but she gets to bitchsclap Joffrey and Littlefinger
- That's a BIG dog
- In fact it sucks to be a Lannister, unless you are the Imp (see "Tyrion rocks" above)
- While Maester Cressen's story has been cut down a bit, it seems like a sensible editing decision
- I'm now shipping the R&R (Renly & Robb alliance). Too bad it all ends in tears. :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on April 02, 2012, 11:13:00 AM
It won't be aired in Denmark until sometime next year. I think they're starting season one this week.

...and they're shocked over the amount of piracy in this country.

On HBO or another network?

How did Renly manage to get a 100,000 man army over night? 

Also, I thought the Starks had 20,000 facing 30,000 Lannister boys at the end of last season, now all of a sudden Rob says everyone is equal with 100,000 men.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2012, 01:37:57 PM
How did Renly manage to get a 100,000 man army over night? 

The power of the Stormlands (Renly's demesne) and the richest and most populous of the seven kingdoms - the Reach (his boy toy's dad's demesne) - combined.

Habbaku

At least he didn't gush about how hot Cher was again.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on April 02, 2012, 01:32:02 PM- While Maester Cressen's story has been cut down a bit, it seems like a sensible editing decision

Yup, it was more than enough to get the point of "Melissandre is a witch!!!!1111" across.