And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

I can indeed not imagine that they'd wax their feet.

Nor do I really want to.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Slargos on June 18, 2011, 03:50:21 PM
I can indeed not imagine that they'd wax their feet.

Nor do I really want to.

Mart would want to know.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

I imagine he would be disappointed.

Martinus

I love trolling threads full of people who have not read the books and are crying that Ned died. I told them Tyrion dies on the season finale.  :lol:

Razgovory

Yes, that would sound like something you would love.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2011, 03:37:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2011, 08:12:22 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 17, 2011, 06:47:13 AM
Eccleston for Stannis?

I pictured Stannis a little more heavy-set but yeah that would be great!  He even looks like a Baratheon.

I thought Stannis was a super-thin and wiry type of guy.
Not quite super thin but I always picture him as quite gaunt. The sort of guy who would eat museli and other simple, rubbish food, because nice stuff is an unnecessary indulgance.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2011, 07:09:44 PM
Eccleston for Stannis?

I pictured Stannis a little more heavy-set but yeah that would be great!  He even looks like a Baratheon.

The sort of guy who would eat museli and other simple, rubbish food, because nice stuff is an unnecessary indulgance.

DGuller?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Meanwhile...in an alternate universe where this series was made 20 years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxc0EQiwngE&feature=player_embedded#at=31
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2011, 10:00:34 AM
Meanwhile...in an alternate universe where this series was made 20 years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxc0EQiwngE&feature=player_embedded#at=31

I see your candy ass 8-bit nonsense, and raise you the truly epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeNEgfVNPMo

It's pretty amazing how they've pushed the limits of what's possible for the Commodore.  :hmm:

Queequeg

Quote from: Slargos on June 18, 2011, 03:46:44 PM
Eccleston for Stannis?

You have to realize that this is the 13th century and you can't judge people by today's standards. Back then he would've been heavy set by comparison to the filthy and starving.
At least 80% of the population are agricultural laborers of some sort. Years of intense physical labor. I think bulky arms would, if anything, be more common in reasonably prosperous feudal societies than today.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Slargos

Berkut

What a great fucking end to the season. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Tonight's episode was slightly lesser than last weeks' (though, it's rather hard to top the climax of that), but it was excellent all the same.  Can't wait for season 2.  :)

The biggest complaint I have is that the "King of the North" scene seemed short and rushed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien